anyone duck tape a mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Like I have this awesome cardboard box. I want to alter it, so I duck tape sides. Now I line my duck tape cardboard mold with freezer paper, and make soap. The soap touches freezer paper and it in turn touches the duck tape. Does it melt, become sticky? It seems like it would, BUT has anyone done it and proved it's a good or bad idea? Thx!

Do you plan to CPOP or just insulate or freezer method?

Either way I don't think there should be any problems with the soap touching the tape through the freezer paper.

Or you can make a mold from the corrugated plastic from the hobby store that students use for projects that would be reusable. There is a pattern link on here somewhere.

I just grabbed the one straight from YouTube:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avzZUyF5o5I[/ame]

I have a small wooden mold that I glued together and one end came loose so I wrapped it with electrical tape. I've insulated this mold but not done CPOP with it. The tape does get some what soft when warm but I wrapped it around the mold twice and its not tried to come loose at all.
I would think duct tape would hold up pretty well if you can wrap it around so it sticks to itself.

Regular duct tape gets pretty loose and sticky when heated. They do make a high heat duct tape that's rated to up to 200 F. So you could even CPOP with that one. Or if you want to be sure, they make high temperature flue tape which can go up to 600 F.

Latest posts

Back