Another vital reason to make soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's scary but I'm not surprised. I remember when they changed over to sanitizers in the hospital, it never did feel like it was enough. Not to mention what constant use did to my hands, they look soooo old!

I work in a print shop but our building used to be a "clinic" that supplied patients with air (Vital Aire). We still have a sign in one of the washrooms that states, "Hand sanitizer does not replace hand washing with soap and water." I guess it's more true than most of us would have realized.

To be honest, I have always distrusted hand sanitizers. I much prefer good old-fashioned soap and water and wash my hands often during the day.

Well, no surprise to me. I was very disappointed when we went to LS in hospitals, because I hated the stuff they stocked. But when hand sanitizers started popping up everywhere, including my MIL's kitchen and bathroom, I was alarmed. I don't use them unless at a porta-potty when that's all there is available. And then I search for a proper place to wash my hands before touching my face or food. I won't use them because they have never been a substitute for proper handwashing. The only time I've ever bought any was so I could use the small travel size bottles they come in sometimes; emptying the bottle and draining the inadequate sanitizer down the drain.

Latest posts

Back