Another newbie soaper - from Canberra, Australia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moiby

Reaction score
Recently I stumbled upon a blog where someone makes and sells their own soap. After a couple of weeks I decided to see why homemade soap is so raved about so I bought some.

My package arrived a couple of days ago and I have to say it all lives up to expectations! I can't remember having such soft, creamy and wonderful soap. I'm sure I have used handmade soap before a long time ago but I probably wasn't as attuned to the difference.

Ever since, I have been looking up soap processes and soap websites and I am ready to try my hand! I have also found that I already have a head start because I regularly use pure essential oils for aromatherapy purposes. :)

Now about me ... I am in my late 30s, and I live in Canberra, Australia with my hubby and four kids (aged between 10 and 4). I am not working at all this year - I am studying, but also discovering all sorts of ways to still live with a bit of everyday luxury, but for less money - which is where soapmaking fits!. (I also have some great recipes for hot beverage mixes if anyone is interested ;)).

And here are a few random facts about me (because I liked LJA's introduction which did that too!). I also am fascinated with words; I can't live without music - my favourite is indie; I enjoy reading and discussing politics; I am spiritual; and I love creating.

Looking forward to getting to know you too.

Welcome to the Forum! Let us know when you make your first batch of soap and be sure to include pictures. :)

Jude

Hi Moiby and welcome from another Aussie! We are getting quite a few of us here now....that is awesome. You will find this a very helpful and friendly place to learn and grow, so welcome to the addiction!

Tanya :)

Latest posts

Back