Another first of 2021

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
7 points to anyone who guesses the inspiration for this.

I really have done a good job in letting go of soapy expectations -- but for this one I really did have higher expectations especially because it was one of my most labor-intensive ones and it's a gift. My makeshift cardboard dividers were difficult to remove. The colors are matte-r than I wanted and I'm wondering if it did not gel despite being in an oven set at 170 for an hour and the oven light left on for 20 hours.

It does smell good though, tea tree and black pepper essential oils. My brother-in-law requested a cleansing soap for oily skin so I used activated charcoal, tea tree essential oil, and oil combo with higher cleansing values. And thanks to this forum, I found a red I like, Nurture Soap's Trial by Fire. Trying to stay positive here.... And truly, @Misschief's 2021 First is a work of art.
20210103_133128.jpg20210103_133758.jpg

I really have done a good job in letting go of soapy expectations -- but for this one I really did have higher expectations especially because it was one of my most labor-intensive ones and it's a gift. My makeshift cardboard dividers were difficult to remove. The colors are matte-r than I wanted and I'm wondering if it did not gel despite being in an oven set at 170 for an hour and the oven light left on for 20 hours.

It does smell good though, tea tree and black pepper essential oils. My brother-in-law requested a cleansing soap for oily skin so I used activated charcoal, tea tree essential oil, and oil combo with higher cleansing values. And thanks to this forum, I found a red I like, Nurture Soap's Trial by Fire. Trying to stay positive here.... And truly, @Misschief's 2021 First is a work of art.
View attachment 52940View attachment 52941
I think its very nice art work' & your choice of oils are fantastic too. 💫🧼😉

Are you a Steelers fan?

Being from Pittsburgh, I'm going to say you did a fine job, especially with the top!!

I'm sure your brother-in-law will love it! It was so thoughtful of you to formulate a soap for his skin type! And how the soap FEELS is really the most important thing, IMHO. And while the lines are not perfect, I'm sure he and your sister will think of their favorite team every time they use it.

Just a thought: I made cardboard dividers with relatively thin but stiff cardboard from a box. Then I covered it thoroughly around a few times with clear heavy mailing tape. Worked great and washable.

Latest posts

Back