Annointing oils / Perfumes - Questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been looking into making some of these and I have some questions. Hopefully those who have made them can help me avoid too much trial and error.

Here is what I BELIEVE I know and am planning thus far.
- I can use one or more non-comedogenic oils such as jojoba, grapeseed, or possibly fractionated CO as a base, and scent that with combinations of the same EO's and FO's that I use for my CP soap.

- I should plan to package these in glass as some FO's can react to PET if the concentration is too strong.

Questions:
- What size and type of container do you find works best for this type of product? I've seen various bottles with orifice reducers as well as glass roll-on vials in varying sizes. I'm thinking something approx 15ml? Maybe smaller but these will be gifts, not samplers. Also can you recommend a good source with reasonable prices and shipping?

- Does this need a preservative or is it enough to use an anti-oxidant like vit-E?

- Do you ever color these with soap pigments/micas and put it in a clear glass vial or would the colorant stain the skin?

- Knowing that all scents are different, what is an average ratio of FO/EO to base oil?

- Is there anything else I should try or be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Snowrift Frams has a chart you will want to look at.

They suggest 20-30% fragrance.

You do not need a colorant or preservative.

soapbuddy said:
Mine look similar with a different color caps. I don't have anything in silver.

How does the price compare to what you get?
I didn't want to order in great bulk. So I ordered 6 of these 10 packs which works out to about 52 cents each.

If I decide to order more do you know of a better deal?

xyxoxy said:
soapbuddy said:
Mine look similar with a different color caps. I don't have anything in silver.

How does the price compare to what you get?
I didn't want to order in great bulk. So I ordered 6 of these 10 packs which works out to about 52 cents each.

If I decide to order more do you know of a better deal?
I buy a bigger quantity, so mine were around 25 cents each. I don't remember off the top of my head where I bought them.

Back