An old favorite

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcornett

Reaction score
Ok so it doesn't smell as yummy as some of my soaps, due to the blend of eo's used in it; orange, eucalyptus, citronella and tea tree. But I love a hand soap with scrubbies in it, and I love that this one's 100% all natural. :)

Oh yeah, this is not a case of DOS! LOL! Just lemon & orange peel.

Very pretty,did you dry your peel or infuse it in oil first ? I'm always worried that it will go mouldy in the soap after a while.

Relle.

When I first started making this one I dried my peel thoroughly, then pulverized it in the bullet, but I've gotten lazy I guess because it's so much easier to buy it in the spice section...ready to go. It doesn't go moldy.

Thanks, thats easy. I've been eating oranges lately and saving the peel. One of the soaps I did recently I infused the oil for a week and it still didn't smell to orangey, I didn't add the peel though.

Relle.

I use the orange 5x eo in this one, so it smells nice and fresh and has a great color too...naturally. :)

Thank you! I use lemon & orange peel, and poppy seeds. I love poppy seeds because they are perfectly round and smooth, unlike coffee grounds which can be kind of rough. (too rough for some people, but I make a coffe soap too, and now and then even use a coffee scrub :) )

nice!!!

wow great job. i use orange peels all the time but its always in a darker soaps so ive never seen their color. really cool looking.

funny on the poppy seed. i tried them one time but b/c i was afraid they would be too scratchy i chopped them first... so basically i blended them into oblivion.

you use whole poppy seeds?

AmyW said:
Love the specks and your "DOS" :D Very pretty!

LOL! I started to name this thread that just to get people to look. hehe :D

See-I just use whole poppy seeds, and I don't think they're scratchy at all (due to their shape) I've always wanted to do a lemon poppy seed but I was afraid it would be like having two nearly the same.

They're beautiful. Now I'm hungry for Lemon Poppyseed Cake
I like poppy seeds more than coffee grounds, too.

Back