Always learning from Venezuela

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analora

Reaction score
Hello everybody!
I live in Venezuela and I have been making soap for 5 years, and since 3 years ago I sell them and live exclusively from that.
My country is very difficult but I love it so I have to deal with problems constantly: little supply of raw material, lack of public services, etc.
However, my new profession makes me very happy and it fills me with satisfaction to do a good job.
I thought that with 5 years of experience I had already overcome all the problems that could arise with my formulas but recently I have had a problem and I have been unable to overcome it. The community of soap artisans in my country is very small and very closed, nothing is shared. So I hope to learn a lot here in this wonderful space.
Thank you very much for accepting me!

Hello Dixiedragon!
I sell them from my Instagram, I do not have a sales website.
I also sell to some gourmet stores. And I have an alliance with a beautiful (and small) beach hotel and I make them exclusive soap for their guests.
The IG is @herbariacaribay
do you also sell your soaps?
Sorry but how do I add photos in this post?

Adding pictures isn't as easy as it used to be.
Click the icon of the camera.
Click Add Media.
Choose a category.
Then you can upload a picture from your computer. If you are on mobile, I have no idea!

I don't sell except at the very occasional craft show.

If you are looking to sell to tourists, my suggestion is to incorparate something local to make it "real Venezuelan soap". Such as, water from a local spring, or fruit from a local plant. I was recently in Alaska and I bought "spruce tip soap" and "glacier silt soap" because I wanted some Real Alaskan Soap.

Welcome! I have a few online friends from Venezuela, one left just this past year, she was strugling really hard with finding a job. Its so cool to know you can make your living out of this!

Welcome! I have a few online friends from Venezuela, one left just this past year, she was strugling really hard with finding a job. Its so cool to know you can make your living out of this!

Hola!
Yes, living here is hard but if you stay creative and resilient you can find many business opportunities. However, it requires a lot of willpower. I think that in all parts of the world is the same, the difference is that we live without freedom and very low quality of life. Thank you very much for your good vibes!

Click Add Media.
Choose a category.
Then you can upload a picture from your computer. If you are on mobile, I have no idea!

If you are looking to sell to tourists, my suggestion is to incorparate something local to make it "real Venezuelan soap". Such as, water from a local spring, or fruit from a local plant. I was recently in Alaska and I bought "spruce tip soap" and "glacier silt soap" because I wanted some Real Alaskan Soap.

What a good idea! I really like what you propose! Here the most valuable thing is Cacao (or Cocoa bean), the best in the world and it is produced in very small quantities but it is the most exquisite! Thank you very much!

Hello and Welcome!
Hello and Welcome!

Thank you very much! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Click Add Media.
Choose a category.

To add a photo, just click on your photo and copy it. Then click in the message and do a paste. You will have your image showing.
Or at the bottom of the message you are posting is an UPLOAD A FILE button. You can use that to post a photo directly from your computer.

Do not use the image link as it only works to another site and makes things more difficult.

Welcome analora :thumbs:. I moved your photos to the Photo Gallery. Please post them in that section. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back