Alovera in soap making, Has anyone tried?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellil soap

Reaction score
Hello freinds
I want to make a olive oil ole vera soap bar, I have an alovera in my garden and i made an alovera Raw Juice
For this matter

Has anyone tried it?
7bbnv9qx.jpg
[/IMG]

I have used it but didn't notice much of a difference in my finished soap. But others have had different experiences. Try it and see!

Cute baby in your photo!

yes, i've used it many times. i have the plant in my garden, so i prefer to use the fresh one. aloe is supposed to have many benefits for the skin, so i am all for it. whether it stands the abuse of lye, only soap god knows :)

How did you make this juice so thin? When I take the gel out,its so sticky and does not mix well with lye.:(

I imagine water is added. As I said before, you can add the gel at thin trace. It will mix up well with a stick blender.

How did you make this juice so thin? When I take the gel out,its so sticky and does not mix well with lye.:(

Hello shaan
To get this juse take the ole gel and put it in the mixer
Then freez it, Melt the freezing gel and filter

I use both fresh aloe and the aloe juice from the pharmacy. Both make great soap. To get the aloe juice from the plant I put the leaves in my juicer and get the straight aloe vera juice. Its a lovely deep green. I prefer the fresh aloe to the bottled juice but both work great in soapmaking. Just use it as all or part of your liquid.

I imagine water is added. As I said before, you can add the gel at thin trace. It will mix up well with a stick blender.

No adding water, no need becuse the alovera contain up to 95% water after filltering it

I use aloe juice and cow's cream in a recipe that makes a wonderful bar.

Where from i can get cow's cream?
And what it's
benefits ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I made an aloe vera soap and I loved it!

per 750 g oils:
Fresh aloe vera juice for the lye, 1 tablespoon salt, 4 tablespoons sugar (add to lye)
avocado oil, Babassu oil (or palm oil), olive oil (30% each) castor oil (10%)

add half avocado purrée

depending on your aloe vera, the color of the avocado oil and the avocado purrée the soap will appear more or less greenish.

I envy you for your fresh aloe vera :lol:

Good luck!

I filet off the aloe and put it in my blender and blend well. I do not add my aloe to my lye. I mix my lye 50% water 50% lye then aloe as the remainder of the liquid and add it into my oils before before adding the lye. I do not get the bright yellow this way.

I made an aloe vera soap and I loved it!

per 750 g oils:
Fresh aloe vera juice for the lye, 1 tablespoon salt, 4 tablespoons sugar (add to lye)
avocado oil, Babassu oil (or palm oil), olive oil (30% each) castor oil (10%)

add half avocado purrée

depending on your aloe vera, the color of the avocado oil and the avocado purrée the soap will appear more or less greenish.

I envy you for your fresh aloe vera :lol:

Good luck!

Thank you very much
Sugar? How it effect

Thank you very much
Sugar? How it effect

some sugar offers nice rich lather. Lots of bubbles!!

I tried some recipes with and without sugar, the soaps with sugar had more lather.

Just dissolve the sugar in water before adding NaOH.
Make sure the lye isn's getting too hot, because the sugar may turn brownish

Of course, you can easily skip the sugar.

Where from i can get cow's cream?
And what it's
benefits ?
I get mine from a cow, but you should be able to buy it in the dairy section of your local grocery store. The benefit of cream that I see in my soap is a smooth creamy bar with good lather. I have a friend who is a vet assistant. She swears by my aloe cream bar and says it helps her chapped hands and arms. I am not claiming any medical benefits, just repeating what she has told me.

I use both fresh aloe and the aloe juice from the pharmacy. Both make great soap. To get the aloe juice from the plant I put the leaves in my juicer and get the straight aloe vera juice. Its a lovely deep green. I prefer the fresh aloe to the bottled juice but both work great in soapmaking. Just use it as all or part of your liquid.
Hi Candybee
The aloe juice i got from amazon shows the following additives (image attached)
Will it affect the final soap?
Screenshot_2021-09-01-09-14-24-658_in.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Hi PapsSoaper, that aloe should be just fine. It contains 9.5 milliliters of aloe, and .5 milliliters of "something else". The "something else" is made up of preservatives and excipients (which can be a type of salt, silicone, or other ingredient probably to help with the thickness of the aloe).

Latest posts

Back