almond soap help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lottee

Reaction score
Hello, i want to make a soap smelling of almind but can't find an almond eo. Do i use an almond carrier oil in the general recipe? And if so will this scent the soap sufficiently?

Thank you.

there is no almond eo, you would have to go to a fo, ive used natures garden almons and liked it .

Bramble Berry also has an Almond Biscotti fragrance oil that is highly rated, but I haven't tried it yet. Love the fragrance oils Nature's Garden sells. They're my new favorite place to order fragrance from. They have a wide selection, ratings, and good notes about how the soap performs.

Thanks for your replies, i am in the UK and would prefer to use eo, where possible. Will have to look into fo i guess.

Real bitter almond EO in its natural form is highly toxic - I think it's the prussic acid in it? That can be removed but it's expensive and purchasing it in the States (if you can find it at all) involves lots of paperwork.

I make a soap with bitter almond essential oil (rectified) and ground almonds that smells exactly like marzipan. I know you can get it from Voyageur Soap here in Canada- sorry I can't help with UK suppliers.

I had though of using ground almonds but think I would need something to back the scent up. i think i'll steer clear of the bitter almond for now just in case! Thanks. :)

Latest posts

Back