Almond Castor Oil Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean

Reaction score
Has anyone tried making an almond/castor oil soap (no other oils)? If so, what were the ratios and results? Almond oil tested at the top of an online single oil lather test. I'm thinking that castor would help boost the lather, reducing the need for animal fat or drying CO. Plus, I think an all soft oil soap could tolerate an extreme water discount.

Last edited:
Check out this article from Soap Queen discussing the lather and feel of single oil soaps.

https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-...ks/single-oil-cold-process-soap-lather-tests/

You posted the identical link that the OP refers to in his post. Just fyi:) But I know how easy it is to miss things in a post because we want to help as quick as we can:D

I haven`t tried a single oil soap other than a pure olive soap. I did however make a olive/coconut soap, which was very popular amongst my family! It was 80% olive and 20% coconut oil. Cured it for 6 months and it was a big hit. They still ask about it, 2 years later, so I may have to whip up a batch soon.
It wasn`t my favourite soap (although I liked it just fine after a long cure) but they can`t seem to forget about it so I`ll dig up the recipe again. Can`t remember the sf in it, but it wasn`t very high, probably around 3 or 4, or 5 at the most.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back