Allow me to introduce myself

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm following Bunny's lead. Many of you have seen my posts but I hadn't taken the time to formally introduce myself.

I started making soap about five years ago when a friend gave me a Martha Stewart Soapmaking Kit. I examined the kit which included strange, waxy bars of soap to melt down and pour into molds. I thought, "This isn't making soap, this is just melting some strange soap that someone else made."

So I threw out the kit and purchased The Handmade Soap Book by Melinda Cross, purchased some sodium hydroxide online and made my first batch of soap. After a little trial and error I was completely hooked.

I make soap as a hobby. I don't sell my soaps other than to family and friends. I am fortunate to live in the Greater Seattle area and there's a great shop here called Zenith Supplies that sells soapmaking oils in bulk. They have a wide variety of fragrance and essential oils too. I am like a kid in a candy store when I go there.

I expect to be making soap for the rest of my life!

Hi Jaaret,
I am so glad you are on this forum. I have read many of your post to get pointers. Thanks for taling the time to post them. BTW, I love the backround on your avatar.

Back