Advertising Works

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an ad running in a local free publication magazine and I can't begin to tell you how many people told me they saw my ad!!!! I even had one couple come in and she casually asks me if I ever advertise, I told I did and she wanted to know where. When I told her she said "Oh good, then we are at the right place! I saw your ad and wanted to come and buy something from you."

So for those of you who weren't sure I can tell you that if you pick your publication carefully - they do work. I advertised in the local paper here before Christmas and got nothing, nada, zip. I won't be advertising with them again. because it just get the attention I want at the $$$ I want to spend per month.

Just wanted to share and let you know that the advertising worked!

x

good for you!

targeting the right audience in the right publication is critical. publications targeting tourists is one, another if you have bed and breakfasts, you might be able to place brochures at the front desk area where the highlight local attractions, shopping, etc. local shopping guides are good too.

lindy, has your local paper done a write up on you yet? you can get a lot of free exposure. they are usually in the weekend edition in living/lifestyles section.

That's great!

I have also had A LOT of great success signing up with the Australian Craft network. They have those in other countries too. Tons of targeted visitors look there, which makes it very worth while. I earned back the yearly fee in a few weeks.

Craft Networks are definitely worth it!

Thanks! Heartsong our local paper is a twice weekly paper and for what I do it hasn't worked well at all. This magazine is distributed all over this part of the coast plus 2 ferries all the time and a 3rd in the summer. Once I can afford to I am going to join the Tourist Board here as they will promote my business through their site and trade shows. I've joined the Chamber so I am listed on their website too. There are a couple of publications that I have missed out on this year but I will advertise in next year.

Kaseencook - I did a search on this before when you mentioned it and I can't find anything similar to what you have in Australia for here. I'll keep looking and hopefully I will find something. Thank you very much for the suggestion because it is a good one.

One of the things I am doing at the mall is let people know that when I'm not in the mall they can order from me on-line. Many seem to be interested in this option. We'll see how that works - but I'm hoping it will drive my internet sales.

Cheers
Lindy

Sounds like a great promotion of your business Lindy! Customers who have bought from you and know you have a website for re-orders will definitely choose an online purchase if they are internet-savvy already. That kind of repeat business is only going to get more and more popular.

Kaseencook - thanks for that tip!

Tanya :)

Tanya - thanks - with me being in so many different locations I am really hoping that people in the further away locations will order via the internet so that over time I don't have to be in those spots quite as often.

Maybe the US craft networks will provide a customer base as well.

I feel silly, becuase I know I saw several craft networks and now I cannot find them!!!! :roll: Google knows my location and always gives me aussie stuff even when I select go to google.com, as opposed to google.com.au.

I'll let you know next time I come across them :)

Oh thank you - it would be really good to get involved with something like that to help drive my internet sales. :D

That is wonderful , I am truly enjoying watching your business take off ..

#1 cheerleader here..

Kitn

I think a great way to figure wether anyone really sees your ad is to offer a clip out coupon on the actual ad. Maybe buy 2 get one free or buy one get the other half off. The more coupons you get back, the more reassured you can be that the ad is making a difference

Latest posts

Back