adding interest to bath salts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txsoaper

Reaction score
I am making bath salts, but do not wish to color them. I know the color is what makes them "pretty" and interesting. What could I add to them to add visual interest and that wouldn't be harmful or stain or clog a bathtub?

il_430xN.113150324.jpg

(ElegantRoseBoutique @ Etsy)

il_430xN.115324406.jpg

(katevw @ Etsy)

il_430xN.114485158.jpg

(layla @ Etsy)

:) Etsy is always so useful to find inspiration!

txsoaper said:
I am making bath salts, but do not wish to color them. I know the color is what makes them "pretty" and interesting. What could I add to them to add visual interest and that wouldn't be harmful or stain or clog a bathtub?

Salts come in many sizes & even colors. fromnaturewithlove.com
has Bolivian Pink & Himalayan Pink salts, for instance.

By using course & fine & plain white & one of the pinks, you have some interest. Just a little bit of a powdered herb would work as well. Hybiscus Petal Powder, Rose Petal Powder & Red or Yellow Sandalwood Powder will add some color, too.

I thought about adding some lavender buds to the salts, but to me they look a little like mouse droppings :shock: , but I do have some safflower which is a really bright reddish/orange color. Would a little of this be okay to use? Would it stick to the skin and be a mess?

awi said:
I thought about adding some lavender buds to the salts, but to me they look a little like mouse droppings :shock: , but I do have some safflower which is a really bright reddish/orange color. Would a little of this be okay to use? Would it stick to the skin and be a mess?

I agree about the lavender buds. I avoid the yukkies by using herbs & flowers in a powdered form. That's not likely to clog up the drain, or be a mess to clean up. If it settles to the bottom of the tub, it's easy to rinse it down the drain, unlike flower petals.

Latest posts

Back