Adding FO &/or EO to HP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HootsGallery

Reaction score
Hi there...

I'm a newbie to HP and CP soaping, but I am gathering everything I need to start making HP. My brother made me a wonderful big soap mold, so I really want to try it out.
Anyway, I've read a lot about making HP and I'm ready to give it a try, but the one thing I haven't gotten a clear answer on is how much fragrance to put in.
I'll probably use Lavender Essential Oil on the first batch I make since that's what everyone seems to want.
My question is...I'll be using 27 oz. of oils for my smaller mold, so how much Lavender would you suggest I try for that batch?
From what I've read, you need less fragrance for HP than CP.
I'm sorry if these questions have been asked, I did a board search but wanted to ask anyway ;)
Thanks!

You can use about .5 oz PPO for HP...less even for mints about .2 - .3 oz. It depends too on your fragrance. Lighter or more flighty fragrances you may need to use more...maybe even up to 1 oz PPO.

Now that being said, it is personal preference on how strongly you want your soap scented. I generally use about the same amount of fragrance for HP asI would for cp, but that is just me. I know it's not necessary, but that is how I like to do it. :D

I don't think it takes as much FO for Hp as it does for CP. I always use a little less.( .5oz)

Thanks for all the replies! I just ordered some more supplies, so I think next weekend will be my first adventure into HP. My husband was going to throw away a huge old crock pot, so I rescued that and stole it for my soaping supplies.
I'll let you know how this turns out. Thanks again!

Back