A Soapy Greeting to You!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

My name is Kathy Blumenberg, I have been soaping and have been doing so for nearly three years. Like many, I started soaping as a hobby and simply got hooked! This past January, I decided to take the plunge, and started a micro-sized business...with no intentions of ever becoming "big" or "rich" of course, just a little pocket change and validation. However, since I have started it has been, well, stressful to say the least...there's a big difference between soaping for a hobby, and soaping for as a business woman. I find myself struggling trying to keep all things balanced. Not being able to figure out a decent schedule no doubt is contributing to my 'madness'. I still love soaping, and have even tried to incorporate bubble bath truffles and bathbombs as well to offer customers some variety. However, the bathbombs have created this inner monster in me, I'm not kidding. I have a serious love/hate relationship going full throttle and I refuse to let those little devils beat me to submission. I also refuse to let all of my insecurities chase me away from what I believe is a good thing/opportunity. The more I read about others' success' the more I tend to convince myself that I am not capable of being just as successful... Isn't that silly?

I have been a stay-at-home mom for over 20 years, but at one time I was a US Marine. I try and remind myself that if I was able to do that, surely I can do this. Being a mother though, takes more than courage...it also requires to give of yourelf, unfortunately, sometimes to the point where there is nothing left. So, I suppose creating a micro soaping business, was to an extent, an opportunity for me to find a part of me that has been lost for a while now that my kids are teens, and my husband is retired. I want to see whether I can be something other than a stay-at-home Shero...

I'm so glad I found this forum, I have been reading posts and comments for the past couple of weeks and trying to learn from all of you. It is my hope that someone out there can relate to me and my struggles. Perhaps, once I conquer (if I ever do) the rediculous 'Bathbomb' issue, I will be more inclined to be kinder to myself...and simply focus on some of the success I have achieved in soaping. I simply can't let this aspect of my business endeavors beat me, if I do, what's next, right?

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, to learn from you all, and to be part of this forum.

Happy Soaping.
:computerbath:

IMG_20190103_165748_889.jpg

Welcome to the forum, Kathy! Several people here make bath bombs and such, so I'm sure you will easily find help over the little hurdle you are experiencing. ;) And hey, if not -- there's nothing wrong with just offering soap to your customers. It doesn't need to destroy you or your confidence. :cool: Ten-hut, soldier!
flowers-smiley-emoticon.gif

Welcome to the forum, Kathy! Several people here make bath bombs and such, so I'm sure you will easily find help over the little hurdle you are experiencing. ;) And hey, if not -- there's nothing wrong with just offering soap to your customers. It doesn't need to destroy you or your confidence. :cool: Ten-hut, soldier!
View attachment 37808

Thank you! You are so right! There's nothing to it, but to do it. I appreciate the Pep talk!

Welcome Kathy. Good luck with the bath bombs. There are a lot of great soapers here who are so willing to help.

Latest posts

Back