A color for Sandalwood

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm going to be making a batch of Sandalwood soap in the very near future. I'm thinking about doing a ITP swirl. What would be a good color(s) to compliment Sandalwood?

As an aside ... This morning, I tried a bar of Sandalwood that I made 2.5 years ago (snow-white color). Back when I made it, it volcanoed. I stick blended it into submission and forced it into individual molds. Anyway, this morning, it was simply glorious! A wonderful, strong scent, hard as a rock, and lots of lather.

But, back to the question, good colors for Sandalwood?

Sandalwood makes me think of a rust orange color. Maybe that as your base and then a bright yellow and a duller blue as accent colors? Like this:
1631198807587.png
Looks like some foreign country's flag.

I did a Sandalwood/Frankincese & orange soap 2 weeks ago, it was just a test as I have never used those oils together before. It is still curing but I pulled out a piece. I kept it very simple, with in-the-pot swirl of uncolored batter and 1 ts of Lustrous brown mica from Nurture. A great, medium warm brown. I love it. I could have used more but I wasn`t after a very dark brown, just some gentle colorings on this one. Some sprinkles of Shimmer gold mica, also from Nurture, in a small part of the bar, just to give it a bit more "glam".

I have a very white batter normally (no titanium dioxide, but lots of lard) and the frankincense and orange discolored my batter slightly, made it more beige/yellow.
But I think it kind of worked with the scent anyway. Which is yummy!

edit: I should mention I used essential oils, not fragrance oils. The orange was a 10-fold one, yumm, and the sandalwood was just 1 ml (but it is peeking through just fine)

sandalwood_frankincense_orange.jpg

Last edited:
Back