2lilboots soaps again

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NG loving spell fo. Tennis ball breaker, flotation device, and Radioactive neon Mad Micas. Also TD. Smells like citrus. Swirled with a whisk.
IMG_20240314_065828323~2.jpg

I made soap yesterday after a two month break. NG Clean Breeze Type FO. Mad Micas Tennis Ball Breaker and Blue Shocker. Used my wire whisk for the swirl. Used Cows Milk because I didn't have any Goats Milk. Smells great.
View attachment 78121

@2lilboots, those are really pretty colors. You don't say you used any TD. Did you achieve the white in the soap by using a high lard recipe or how did you get it so white? I aspire to get white that white without TD.

NG loving spell fo. Tennis ball breaker, flotation device, and Radioactive neon Mad Micas. Also TD. Smells like citrus. Swirled with a whisk.
View attachment 76736
I haven't looked at this thread for a while, but I'm amused to see that you and my sister made soaps that nearly match! 😄 Hers is ginger ale scented, so somewhat citrusy.
20240710_134512.jpg

@akseattle I didn't use TD. I do use a high lard percentage in my soap recipe. I disliked how my soaps made with TD looked after curing for several months. (I have almost a lb of TD that I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it.)

@2lilboots , I've been struggling with TD. It doesn't really disperse that well for me on any consistent basis and looks really funky on cured bars. So I am looking for other options- I've bought TD from other suppliers and also white micas that I haven't yet tried (actually, I tried one mica but it didn't have much impact, although I'm sure I didn't use enough.)

Independent of the TD problem, I was going to increase my lard content in my soaps. I'm getting excited to think that I might get that same beautiful white that you've achieved!

I use Kaolin Clay in all of my soaps and I think it also adds to whitening the non colored soap batter.

I have never used Kaolin Clay. After reading your post, I googled and read a bunch of articles about Kaolin. it does seem to be recommended for a couple different reasons, but that as an added benefit, it helps brighten the whites. So much to learn, so much to try .... I guess I'm going to start by increasing the % of lard, baby steps ...

NG Black Raspberry Vanilla FO. Mad Mica's Harold's Purple Crayon and Grape Ape. A lilac cosmetic safe Mica. This recipe, high in Lard, full Goats Milk, hanger swirl, and I cpop'd it. I had fans on it, but it cracked, so I smoothed the top and threw it in the oven.
View attachment 78132

beautiful soap! thanks for posting!!

You may have noticed that I have been remaking soaps that I made in the past(same soap recipe different colorants) I am using the FOs that have held their fragrance for a good while. The NG Blackberry Fizz FO is very strong and doesn't smell that great on the recently cut bars. But, the cured bars have a wonderful scent now. The leftover FOs that completely lost their scent in past made soap bars will get used for something other than CP soap. Sadly I have quite a few of them.

This last one is really pretty once cured ! It could be galaxy themed, even though they're more brown than black. What did you use to get this color that change this much when curing ?

Latest posts

Back