1st salt soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traceyann

Reaction score
Further to my post in the CP forum, here is my salt soap cut 2 hours after pouring, so far so good, no crumbling...so fingers crossed.....

I was blown away at how fast it hardened

Saltsoap.jpg

really easy ......I was stressing out about it ....but for no reason, brought oil to trace as per usual, added salt, poured, left it uncovered then checked on it every 15 mins and as it firmed up.

I used a sharp knife to score where I was going to cut, I did this several times and basically all I had left to do was move it apart once it was firm enough and while it was still warm.

Haha! Must be the weekend for it TraceyAnn!

I too, did a small batch of sea salt soap today. I used individual moulds though. I added FO, and did 50% salt.

They look fantastic Tracey!

I do the same recipe, but put my salt soaps in individual moulds so I don't need to think about 'when' to cut.

Love salt bars!

Traceyann said:
Ok , I should have realised that , will look forward to seeing them once unmoulded

Here they are TraceyAnn :)

saltsoapPN.jpg

100% CO, 20% SF, 50% fine sea salt. Lightly coloured, and fragranced.

I wonder what they'll be like to use. At the moment I'm using Salt Soap I purchased from Dragon Kaz. I love them for my body, but not really for my face. I think I'll stick to GM soap for my facial bars. :)

They look fabulous dOtty!

I love salt bars for my face and not my body. Isn't it great that we have so many different and interesting likes/dislikes ... keeps us trying new soaps to try and please others! Any excuse to produce more soap and do more experiments with soap has to be a good thing ... right?

Back