10X orange EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthie

Reaction score
I bought this recently but have not used it yet. Not sure if I should use the going amount for EOs in soap, or less because it is concentrated. At the same time I do not want it to fade beyond recognition- that is why I bought the 10X. Tried to search an answer, but do not have the patience this morning. Thanks!

Citrus scents seem to fade quickly without an anchor or something. I use my 10x orange oil to mix with lavender or peppermint. It really enhances those scents :)

i use all my folded EO's the same as none, I personally would not use less, they don't SEEM to be harsh or irritating in my soaps, never know the difference other then a stronger scent.
I also tend to use a base note or middle note EO with citrus to help as well as adding clay directly to the EO and then adding scent to soaping process.
I have never did a test with or without clay to see which one held scent longer so I am in no claiming it is fact, but I do it anyway, and mainly because I like clay for its many other benefits like a mild exfoliant and color and detoxifing effects etc etc.
I have however did an experiement with just Citrus EO and one with Citrus and middle/base notes, and they tend to smell citrusy longer.
Something like Lavender/Lemon smelled lemony longer then just Lemon on its own. I don't know why this is or the science behind it.

I'd use it at 3% of my oil weight blended with some litsea and a small amount of patch. It should stick nicely and your citrus scent will dominate.

Latest posts

Back