Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Never having owned chickens, I thought the helmets were because someone had too much time on their hands and invented them, and backyard chicken owners had too much money and bought them. When I Googled chicken head protection, all sorts of helmet sites popped up! It turns out the need for chicken head protection is real. I wonder if chickens need soap? 🤔

Well, we got a LOT of chicken owners where I live....so I may find the answer to that question out! 😁

Yeah, they can be mean, for sure, but if you look at the marketing for these helmets, it's ridiculous. One even had a chicken with big, burly arms coming out its sides 😂 That was the $67 model! These things were NOT being marketed for the sake of chickens that are being 'henpecked'. They were being pimped as a chicken fashion accessory 👠Definitely capitalism run amuck! Just makes me wonder how much more rubbish like this is ending up in landfills, along with the endless layers of plastic packaging they come in :nonono:

Well, we got a LOT of chicken owners where I live....so I may find the answer to that question out! 😁

Yeah, they can be mean, for sure, but if you look at the marketing for these helmets, it's ridiculous. One even had a chicken with big, burly arms coming out its sides 😂 That was the $67 model! These things were NOT being marketed for the sake of chickens that are being 'henpecked'. They were being pimped as a chicken fashion accessory 👠Definitely capitalism run amuck! Just makes me wonder how much more rubbish like this is ending up in landfills, along with the endless layers of plastic packaging they come in :nonono:
Agreed, wasteful and I’m sure cluttering landfills as we speak! Nonetheless, you can buy the arms. Everything is for sale. Everything!

Attachments

• IMG_4350.png
    IMG_4350.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Agreed, wasteful and I’m sure cluttering landfills as we speak! Nonetheless, you can buy the arms. Everything is for sale. Everything!

Dear mother of god.....if it wasn't so fricken sad, I'd laugh 😢 ☹️ And, yet again, PLASTIC! Not to mention the massive amount of energy, petrochemicals, jet fuel, pollution expended to manufacture this garbage & get it to us....using PRIME, of course, which turns employees into literal slaves, because we need our garbage delivered to us YESTERDAY ⁉️ ⁉️ 😡

What started off as me laughing is now me feeling like I want to cry.....I have no words for how I feel right now, other than hopeless & disgusted.....

THIS is one of the reasons we are having a massive environmental crisis. We directly contribute to this mess, buying chicken helmets & all the unnecessary stupidity which is part & parcel of the problem, all while mindlessly, robotically filling our recycling bins like good little, non-thinking citizens.... o_O

I am absolutely appalled & disgusted 🤢 🤮 This is where we sit at this moment, buying chicken helmets, vegan leather made from plastic (petrochemicals) which we've been brainwashed to believe is better for animals & the planet, and all sorts of other rubbish while everything burns down around us....what does it take for us to look at this situation & to see it for what it is, and to admit that WE are very much a part of this problem?

This very much plays in to the packaging & ingredient decisions I choose to make when it comes to my products, and why I started down this road in the first place many years ago. My kids, first & foremost, and now my grandchildren. I wish for them to be happy, to live healthy lives without fear of developing one of thousands of 'diseases' being marketed by pharmaceutical companies using the same petrochemicals to manufacture their 'medicines', and to be able to walk along beaches, through forests & down streets that don't look like city dumps, with people who are sick, unable to work & homeless everywhere. What are we doing to ourselves ⁉️ ⁉️

What we purchase, where we purchase from, who we purchase from, the raw materials we choose to use in our small scale 'manufacturing' makes a difference as every bit of plastic, chemical waste, chemical colorants & other rubbish contributes to what is happening here on our home right now, and always. If we wish to survive & live healthy, happy lives, we all need to modify our own behaviour, regardless of what these @SS-clowns around us are doing.

What started out as me laughing is now me deciding that I definitely don't need any more molds. I will continue to use what I have to the best of my ability. And bugger Amazon as well 🖕 I will no longer be purchasing anything via their platform.

/rant

Quasi, I hear your rant. Even the rocks are crying out.
I think all we have is today to do our best in, and the hope that it helps the humanity of the future.
We've all got our passions. So "be a good one"!

I'm still saying a chicken running while wearing pants is the most hilarious thing ever.
😀

Quasi, I hear your rant. Even the rocks are crying out.

Yes, they most definitely are 😢

I think all we have is today to do our best in, and the hope that it helps the humanity of the future.
We've all got our passions. So "be a good one"!

I absolutely get that....but there are some days that the disgust & hopelessness I feel becomes overwhelming to the point of me wanting to just scream & cry.

I'm still saying a chicken running while wearing pants is the most hilarious thing ever.
😀

😂 that was the laugh I needed today 😂 Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back