Soap for my babies :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vonna

Reaction score
I was interested in making a soap for my daughters (3 and 1 1/2) and would like something simple and as MOISTURIZING as possible. Any suggestions? Doesn't have to be a bar...could be a liquid. :) Thanks in advance!!

i would say a straight unscented soap or lightly scented would be best... now realize that this soap may burn their eyes... no-tears soap has special chemicals added to convince the eyes it doesnt burn (kind of tricking your pain receptors into thinking that it doesnt hurt)

id say try something like

100% olive oil

75% OO, 20% Coconut oil, 5 % castor oil

or 75% oo, 25% coconut...

many options :)

yup ... soap is a surfactant (sp?) so it will make water 'wetter' which means instead of getting just a drop in your eye of water which would be harmlessly blinked away, the soap makes that same drop spread across the surface area of the whole eyeball...leading to oooooooooooooouch! ...

I like the idea of unscented because then at least you know none of the scenting will be an issue in hurting the eyes of your little ones :)

Latest posts

Back