Aleppo Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made my very first Aleppo soap using salt water.

70% - Organic ex virgin olive oil
30% - Laurel berry oil
No EO/FO

Everything went well until I was ready to cut the soap. It was as hard as a rock after 24 hours and it started to crumble as I was cutting. Salt may be the culprit.

I am not sure what those white spots are in the middle. Could they be air bubbles?

I hope it will turn into a green center in a few months. Will it?

Next to my fresh new soap, the brown soap is real Aleppo soap that I bought from a local Pakistani grocery.

IMG_4124-001.JPG

IMG_4130.JPG

IMG_4128.JPG

I could not find where to get the laurel oil. I have been wanting to try to make this soap. I was reading it takes about 8 months to cure. Is this something you have made before?

I could not find where to get the laurel oil. I have been wanting to try to make this soap. I was reading it takes about 8 months to cure. Is this something you have made before?

No, it's my very first time making this soap. I had no idea about Aleppo soap until I joined this forum. Right here in the forum, I learned about Aleppo soap and where to purchase the laurel berry oil!

If you are interested, here is where I got my laurel oil. Since the company is located in Canada, I took the advantage of free shipping on an order over $50.00. I ended up buying 2kg! But I think it was worth it.

http://sinfullywholesome.com/

But you can also get it from here too:

http://www.newyorksoapmakingsupplies.com/

Thank you so much!!! I have been looking like crazy. Maybe I can hint at a Christmas present LOL

No, it's my very first time making this soap. I had no idea about Aleppo soap until I joined this forum. Right here in the forum, I learned about Aleppo soap and where to purchase the laurel berry oil!

If you are interested, here is where I got my laurel oil. Since the company is located in Canada, I took the advantage of free shipping on an order over $50.00. I ended up buying 2kg! But I think it was worth it.

http://sinfullywholesome.com/

But you can also get it from here too:

http://www.newyorksoapmakingsupplies.com/

I actually wanted to buy a soap combo from Sinfully Wholesome. It makes little sense to do so, but a part of me didn't want to risk a mess-up from making an aleppo soap.

Your aleppo soaps look like nice and they already have a greenish tint to it. :) I hope to see more pics down the line.

I actually wanted to buy a soap combo from Sinfully Wholesome. It makes little sense to do so, but a part of me didn't want to risk a mess-up from making an aleppo soap.

Your aleppo soaps look like nice and they already have a greenish tint to it. :) I hope to see more pics down the line.

LunaSkye, I look forward to seeing your Aleppo soap :)!

It won't turn bright green. Aleppo that will be brilliant green in the centre starts that way and the outside changes to gold as it ages. The colour you have will be the inside, and the outside will age to a more golden colour.

Hey Nframe, I forgot to ask. Did you like your Apleppo-style soap? Did it feel like a bastile soap? Or even better?

Sorry to reply so late but I did not see your message until now. I have just washed my hands with my first Aleppo soap and the lather is lovely. It lathers more than a Castille soap that I made shortly after. It still smells lovely and I like it better. Here is a picture of the first Aleppo soap - it is a lot greener than the last one.

The second picture is the latest one, following your recipe. It is a sort of mustard yellow rather than green. The colour is due to the laurel bay oil. The first one I purchased was a very deep green whereas this one is a more browny-green. The first soap contained 35% laurel bay oil whereas the second one contains 30%. Both are scented with laurel essential oil. The addition of salt has made this second one a lot harder. Now I have to be patient before I can use it... That's the hardest part!

No. 61.jpg

No. 167.jpg

Back