First HP; SF with Hemp Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kikajess

Reaction score
Honeysuds started a thread asking us what is on our "to make" list.

My number one "to make" item was hot process hemp milk soap superfatted with hemp oil. It would be my first milk soap and my first hot process soap. Today I did it! Almost. I didn't use any milk. Where does one buy pure hemp milk without any additives?

Anyway, this will hopefully be a very mild bar with no added scents or colors. I just wanted plain ol' soap.

Pic #1: This is how it looked just after pouring. I even made a little soap ball with the stuff I scraped off the sides of the crock pot.

Pic #2: Sliced about 6 hours after pouring. Much lighter; slight green hue, I suspect from the VERY green hemp oil.

HP1.jpg

HP2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow well done! That's one of the smoothest HP I've ever seen.

Thank you! Thanks to this forum, I became aware of sodium lactate. I used 3% ppo in the lye water. I'm sure that's why it was so fluid at the pouring.

That is smooth...
Is it a 50/50 sf and hemp only?
Great Job!

Thanks!

Hmm...I'm not sure what 50/50 sf would be. The oils I cooked did not included hemp oil. After cooking, I added 8% ppo of only hemp oil. I really hope it works and I don't get DOS. I know hemp oil has a short shelf life, so I'll have to wait and see!

I thought you were saying you made a soap with sunflower and hemp oil.
Instead you meant you superfatted with hemp.
NVM lol

Wow that looks like its going to be a nice soap to use! I've just started playing around with HP and its addictive lol. Now I use CP for any kind of "food" soaps, and HP for soaps that will just have EO or FO since it takes less to get a nice scent.

Back