Zum Lavender and Oatmeal Goats Milk Soap question??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coastal_wings

Reaction score
I am very new to this process, and I am learning much from reading here. I really like the fragrance of the lavender that is in Zum’s soaps, but I have really never found a lavender essential oil that resembled theirs. I realize there are many different “lavenders” from all over the world....about 15 or so it my count...lol. Has anybody found a lavender that is close to Zum’s lavender? Thanks in advance for your help!!

I am very new to this process, and I am learning much from reading here. I really like the fragrance of the lavender that is in Zum’s soaps, but I have really never found a lavender essential oil that resembled theirs. I realize there are many different “lavenders” from all over the world....about 15 or so it my count...lol. Has anybody found a lavender that is close to Zum’s lavender? Thanks in advance for your help!!
Unfortunatley I've never used Zum's lavender bar....
There are approx 39 species, numerous hybrids and almost 500 cultivars, so probably too many to try in soap in a lifetime sadly :( haha
The most common ones though would be Lavandin oil which is from the Lavandula x Intermedia hybrids. The most well known one is Grosso that was made famouse by Provence in France. It has a stronger smell without loosing the flowery scent, slightly spicy too in some plants. Or English lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia) which is quite flowery and sweet and probably the most gentle of the lavender oils.
Maybe try a small test batch and do one of each and see which you like better.
If neither are strong enough you could try Spica or Spike lavender that one has alot more camphor and eucalyptol so is quite stronger on the olfactory sences.

Latest posts

Back