Yesterday's liquid castile soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tank7900

Reaction score
I felt froggy yesterday, and decided to make a batch of liquid castile soap. I have done many batches of liquid soap with very good results. This however has been the most interesting to date. A word to the wise, if you desire to make a batch from 100% EVOO as I did, be prepared. The major difference that I noticed is that this soap will require a great deal more water to dilute. I used 64 oz of EVOO, and that yeilded just over 3 gallons of a rich and smooth soapy goodness, that is absolutely fabulous on the skin. The paste took a good deal of time and effort to dilute, as I was not fully prepared to the amount of water this soap can handle. My pot was filled to the brim by the time I had reched the desired consistincey. Below are a few pictures of the finished product.

Tank

That looks amazing, so clear. One of these days I'll venture into the world of liquid soap, the process seems so complicated though

Thank you Elly! I actually started with liquid soaps before bars. I find the process to be much easier than most of what I have read. If you want to give it a go, let me know I can give you some good tips I have learned along the way. Take care!

Tank

i have been venturing into liquid soaps as well lately and have a bunch of batches under my belt now. i almost like it better than bar lately. when i made the 100% OO batch, i was also shocked at how much water it took to dilute. i use it mostly to bathe my little boy with.

Yeah, I agree the deep green that the extra virgin olive oil brings is very nice. I enjoyed making this soap. I have so much now, that unless I give away a ton, it will be awhile before I make any more...hehe

Back