Wow! Has anyone done this?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yes you can! Personally I think a swirl in a slab is far easier than an ITP swirl. You have a lot more control in a slab mold and an ITP is blind, so to speak. I'll try to make the best possible video about it so you can try without worrying too much about it and you will have a beauty of a soap.

Wow! That is absolutely amazing, and quite beautiful! I can't even imagine accomplishing that technique at this moment. I still have so much to learn! :)

"Oh Lord, please bless Thy holy hand grenade, that it might blow Thine enemies to tiny bits...."

LOL

Thanks Dana for posting this. I found the article as interesting as the pics! I've never done any CPOP but I might even try this technique just out of curiosity with a colorant. Kinda reminded me of a watermark.
Is she DeeAnna's aunt? :lolno:

Thanks Dana for posting this. I found the article as interesting as the pics! I've never done any CPOP but I might even try this technique just out of curiosity with a colorant. Kinda reminded me of a watermark.
Is she DeeAnna's aunt? :lolno:

I haven't CPOP,d either, as of now my oven is broke and I am curious if this will work on a heating pad or do you need the higher oven heat for this to work, anyone?

"...DeeAnna what does ........ mean? ..."

Arrgh ... you found me out!

The "...." means I wanted to delete my post because I realized the answer I had given had been already thoroughly answered and hashed over already, so I really was beating a dead horse, but I couldn't figure out how to delete the post when lying in bed reading SMF on my Kindle. and the work-around was to put those dumb "...." marks in place of my blithering. :)

I'm still getting used to that interface and I sometimes mess up.

I meant to tippy-toe back today when using my desktop computer and delete that post ... but I see a "mea culpa" is more in order. So here it is.

"...Is she DeeAnna's aunt?..."

I suspect Auntie Clara and I might be more of an age to be sisters if ya wanta know the truth. 8)

AHH, ok I thought it was a highly crypted message from the SSS (secret soap service) that us younger (in experience, not age) soap makers weren't privy too! lol

Dana, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I was simply looking for soap trends for a business class I am taking and quickly got sidetracked by that well-written blog and the beautiful soap Clara has created.

This is so beautiful, and consistent with my new minimalism in soap supplies.

Does anyone know how to make that swirl? how about other swirls suitable for a loaf mold?

I love it! I wouldn't dare try until I had a few (read many!) more batches under my belt. I love the simplicity. I appreciate all of the artists who can make elegant and complicated designs, but I like the simpler side of things. I'm one to get to caught up in the details so I have to keep it simple for my sanity.

Back