Why every soap maker must check every recipe they see

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chefmom

Reaction score
Here I am, sipping tea and cruising through Pintrest on a lazy afternoon when I stumbled upon this soap recipe pin. A simple photo with the "recipe" right there. Handy, you don't even have to follow the link.

PLEASE follow the link, because the recipe is very different. I was horrified from the moment I laid eyes on the pins "recipe" and then how many people re-pinned this pin AND clicked LOVE.

Here is the follow through link...
http://www.ibuzzle.com/articles/how-to-make-oatmeal-soap.html

I took a snap of the pin with my phone, quality isn't great, but you can see the whole thing.
f12b42d4163b1333f96959b49c3d2414.jpg

Woah! did you contact them on pinterest to put up a warning and correction to all those that reposted it or maybe contacted pinterest to do so?

and can you post a link to where it is on pinterest?

Last edited:
Its not showing up on my screen in a way that i can comment but i did see that it looks like its been there for a year. Yikes. Nice find!

Maybe it should be sold as: "Paint Stripper Bar" or "Solid Industrial Strength Toilet Cleaner"

Has to be a typo though. How could that much NaOH even be mixed?

Last edited:
The pinner's comments are incorrect, if you click it to the website, it says THREE ounces of lye, not twelve. No, I haven't checked it, and yes I agree you should always check it, and yes that pin (or at least the comment) should be reported as inappropriate.

I can see the comments you have added, and so should the pinner.

Latest posts

Back