Who do you use to make labels?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenmarie82

Reaction score
Does everyone do their own labels or use someone to do them? I need to find someone to do them for me because i don't know how to make mine.

I'm making my own. I use weatherproof vinyl and crystal clear labels that I get at Online Labels.

I use Adobe Photoshop for the design and if I need an image I purchase it from Stockxpert.

If you want to have them made I would recommend WS Packaging. They are so easy to work with.

I make my own too. I use Corel as the design program & print them on fuklll sheets os waterproof vinyl labels from papilio.com w/ waterproof ink form pixma 3000, then hand cut each one.

thesage.com custom sells labels & there are some designers on etsy that do too but it can be very expensive.

For now I've just been using clear plastic jewelry bags to put my soap in and a regular address label.

That is what I do for soap, cello bags w/ address labels. I use the other labels on bottles and jars.

The newest version of corel cost several hundred dollars. You can get version 12 brand new on ebay for $50.00.

I use Avery Design-Pro. It's free and marvelous.
I get my labels from onlinelabels.com. They have one software that is not marvelous but is workable. Unfortunately it's no longer precisely free.

I bought label templates from http://www.freiscavell.com/. I print them on normal printer paper, cut them out & then run them thru my Xyron 510.

You can get cartridges for the Xyron that have: removable sticky, removable sticky & laminate, permanant sticky, permanant sticky & laminate, double sided laminate and laminate & magnet.

I use the permanant sticky & laminate to give me a protected label & I'm pretty happy with it. The only problem with it is that I'm design impaired! :lol:

tabitha: on your soap labels, do you list all of your ingredients? I can't make everything fit onto one address label.

If I can not get the complete list to fit on a label I will print it on a biz card & tuck it into the cello bag w/ the info facing outward. I use my standard card so it still carries my web address, phone number, etc.

Thanks, I do not know if it conforms to FDA standards, but if not very close.

I use Word. I use text boxes. You can layer the text boxes, make them transparent or whatever. You can put text boxes within text boxes, you can add pics to text boxes. I also use WordArt. I've done round, oval, rectangle, hang tags, etc. You can layer text boxes over pics or other graphics, too.

Then I print on Avery labels, or just print on paper & run through my Xyron 510. I print the hang tags onto card stock.

I use Microsoft Publisher. It's a medium-weight desktop publisher, but it's a lot cheaper than the good ones. I constantly find features I wish it had, but it's a lot easier to use than Word and more suited to the purpose. Before that, I used Open Office. It's open source freeware and does as good a job as Word as far as labels are concerned.

I used home publisher for about 6 years, before I switched to corel. It's a great program!

You can also get the standard 2x4 labels almost anywhere, office stores, walmart, etc, if you find the address labels to be too small.

I make my own with supplies from onlinelabels.com. I don't often do soap, but all sorts of B&B and I've found I'm miserable at cutting sheets myself. OL has plenty of sizes. After I print them up I spray Crylon on them. The products last through showers without the print running. It's the best I've found so far.

I use publisher to make my labels. Love it.

Interested to know what the purpose of a Xyron 510 is. I looked on line but not sure how it applies to soap labels.

I use Avery Design Pro - it's free and you can actually use it for any labels

jenmarie82 said:
Does everyone do their own labels or use someone to do them? I need to find someone to do them for me because i don't know how to make mine.

I make my own. I create my image with PhotoImpact Pro. It also has a label printing option. It even allows you to resize the image up, down, left AND right...right on the label preview page...and can automatically adjust all the duplicates.

I purchase my waterproof vinyl labels from essential wholesale right now.
http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/Inkj ... c-120.html Currently at $0.66 - $0.99 per sheet/depending on how many you buy at once.

I have had good experience with them, thus far. Haven't tried clear ones yet.

Latest posts

Back