Whipped Soap in Silicone Molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenScene

Reaction score
I made a batch of whipped soap a while back, and I keep meaning to ask you ladies about it. Instead of putting it in a loaf mold, I poured it into BB's 12 bar silicone mold because I figured I wouldn't have to worry about cutting it and possibly screwing up the bars, since it tends to be touchy for me when cutting, and I don't have a wire cutter. Thought that would be the perfect solution. But after letting it sit for 24+ hrs., I went to unmold it and the edges of the bottoms were left stuck in the mold on most of them. The tops still look fine, but the sides and bottom don't look so great. They're fine for giving away, but I wouldn't want to sell them, which bums me out, since I'm trying to keep every soap I make for my first show in the fall. Anyway - any ideas why this happened? I used the following recipe, if that helps, and scented with SGS White Magnolia at 1 oz. ppo.

6.5 oz. coconut
6.5 oz. palm
2 oz. olive
1 oz. castor
2.34 lye
5.3 oz. water

You made whipped soap Nizzy style? I would guess incomplete saponification. I suggest waiting longer, 2-3 days at least, more if you're patient. Since you're using individual molds, you don't need to rush to the cutting.

I've had that problem also. Because it so airy it's easy to chunck off when you're removing it from the molds. I would let it sit much longer than normal...maybe 4-5 days. I made some in a silicone cupcake mold and had the same problem.

Yes, it was Nizzy's whipped soap. I've never put them into individual molds before. Now I know to give them a long while! Thanks, ladies.

GreenScene said:
Yes, it was Nizzy's whipped soap. I've never put them into individual molds before. Now I know to give them a long while! Thanks, ladies.

You're very welcome! (btw: not all of us are ladies...)

Latest posts

Back