Whipped CP soap.... !!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hinata

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I found a new soap activity to obsess about. I really wanna make whipped soap! I know some people make it with their scraps or from failed batches and HP it. However it can be made as a CP soap. (I think it’s lighter this way?) Any advice or tips before I go down my rabbit hole? Usually I jump into a project and then read tips later but this time I wanna play it safe. I know generally it’s 80% hard oil 20% soft. Does it matter which hard oil I use? I plan on doing 70% tallow 10% CO. I pay $3/lb for fat that I render down myself and it’s precious and labor intensive so I don’t want to waste my tallow. I also plan on using a baked good scent since I was told those may discolor brown but generally behaves when it comes to seperation/acceleration. I plan on using a portion unscented for white and blue and then the scented portion being brown so camouflage and pretty up the brown. Any advise people let me know! If anyone has pics of their batches then please post! Does this work for individual cavity molds or better in a brick?

I use my regular soap recipe.
What I do is put all my oils in the mixer and start mixing them. Make sure my lye is super cool or at RT at least, and slowly add it into the oils along with the scent.
I've never tried doing a dual batch of one part scented and one part not.

These are whipped soaps I made and I colored portions after I took it out of the mixer, and I used a loaf mold.
IMG_0160.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG

Since you used your regular recipe and didn’t increase the amount of hard oils then was the final product dramatically different then if you didn’t whip it? Was are the pros and cons in Your experiment with whipped soap? And how much ratio of hard:soft oils did you use? How long did it take to unmold? I’m unsure The effects all the fluffed air has on the texture like I don’t wanna damage it trying to unmold too early. Sorry for all the questions! Today is my day off and I’m too excited to make my first batch!

So excited. I’m craving to use a caramelized praline FO from CS with my whipped buttery soap! Originally I was gonna do brown white and blue swirls with it but blue doesn’t match with baked goods... I’ll see what warm maroon color I have available that will match. Anyone has any tips on the recipe? I was thinking of 70% tallow, 10% CO.... 5 castor... and the remainder almond or OO. I believe Almond makes more bubbles than OO or avocado. Should I do 60 tallow and 20 CO? Does the whipped air create more lather? Should I add oatmeal additive or it will weigh it down? Also should I add sugar to create bubbles or that may cause overheating?

Latest posts

Back