What's in your soap pot this weekend ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually have to work another 10 hours and then my 70 hours are done and I get my week off of work (work every other week) and soaping is at the top of the list. I am planning a kiwi-strawberry whipped soap, using pureed kiwi and strawberry FO. Hope it goes ok!

I actually have to work another 10 hours and then my 70 hours are done and I get my week off of work (work every other week) and soaping is at the top of the list. I am planning a kiwi-strawberry whipped soap, using pureed kiwi and strawberry FO. Hope it goes ok!

poured a spearmint soap in the new soap mold my dh made a la keith brown......i'm excited to see how it comes out. used the spearmint leaves i treated per advice of soap for breakfast to prevent browning of leaves. fingers crossed

i made "chesnuts and b sugar", it was supposed to be tan with brown swirls and looks like its going to be yellow with purple, last time i looked, swirls! yikes.
Iam making "wild mt honey" from peak, tom. it is my best seller, very strong, but good. Going with hp and no color.

I made a chamomile neroli log this morning...used chamomile tea leaves, and swirled with yellow oxide. I used too much yellow oxide (I was still in the heavy-handed Ultramarine violet mode), and the color of the swirl sort of looks like baby poop brownish yellow, but it's passable, I think. Smells nice...it's either starting to gel, or just finishing up...not quite sure where it's at with that whole thing at the moment.

I'm making a pumpkin soap tomorrow with buttermilk!!!

Made 2 batches today with a couple more planned for tomorrow.

1) Citrus eo blend (bergamot, litsea, sweet orange, grapefruit) with calendula petals (also infused in olive oil prior to soaping).

2) OMH-Bitter Almond fo blend with baby oatmeal added at trace.

Tomorrow's plan: 1) an fo blend of frank&myrrh, sandalwood and vanilla
2) an eo blend of lavender, sweet orange and patchouli with ground chamomile and 3) an eo/fo blend of cassia, clove, bergamot and rose

Trying to stock up for some holiday bazaars.

--Barbara

Yesterday I did a purple & blue pop-mica funnel swirl...Yowza those colours are bright! :shock: Very happy with it,tho haven't cut yet.First time with synthetic colourants,& FO. Used violet blossom from bigtrees-smells like old time yardley violets. :D
Tonight Im trying sweetcakes honeysuckle hollow,with lemon & tangerine pop-mica(& praps a sm. amt TD,to tone it down slightly)
I've run out of my rose geranium & pink clay,& Sw.or/ylang/patch with red clay,so Im busy busy busy for the next day or so!! :)

I made a white and blue swirl soap on Friday. Managed to cut it yesterday, and I'm really pleased with it. It's an Ocean Fresh FO, and smells really loveley!

I made some beautiful Zebra M&P soaps about a week ago, but the FO had vanilla in it, and I didn't know. So, now I have 6 bars of lovely grey liquorice scented soap that we'll have to use. I cannot see anyone buying this grey mess. Boo Hoo. Oh well - live and learn eh?!

rubato456 said:
poured a spearmint soap in the new soap mold my dh made a la keith brown......i'm excited to see how it comes out. used the spearmint leaves i treated per advice of soap for breakfast to prevent browning of leaves. fingers crossed

Oh! I missed the thread on keeping spearmint leaves green...how do you do that?

No soap, though i need to do a rosehip castille for an order this week.....

but i've done 500 lip balm already and I want to do about the same again!

I'm in for surgery end of the week and need to work ahead a bit. I know I can label and clean up tubes if i'm not totally 'there' so to speak, but I know i'll have my backside handed to me if I try and make soap or lippy!

Alright, I sacked the buttermilk/pumpkin soap for today, and resorted to a simple rosemary mint with a dark green ITP swirl. It looks and smells yummy in the mold. I was a nimrod and forgot to freeze my buttermilk last night, so I'm going to go and measure everything so it's ready to rock in soap tomorrow night. 8)

no soap for me. I was going to make a jojoba and almond oil conditioner, but DH and I worked on the yard instead. I also had to work on my wine. I've got 6 gallons of Amarone style wine fermenting away. Yummy. MIL came over to drop off apple turnovers from the orchard and smelled all of my soaps. She's a good person to use as lots of scents give her headaches. Almost all passed the test!

I'm gonna go check on how much coconut oil I have left and maybe crank out a strawberry flavored soap. I also have some body mousse orders to fill....

Earlier in the week I measured oils for 5 batches of soap and then put them in individual containers. Now I am good to go once my daughter heads back to college and other two are back to school on Wednesday. Yahoo!!!! :D :D

Jude

My shelves are getting full. I just unmolded my Lavender Vanilla with Lavender buds last night and managed to unmold my Lemon with Oatmeal this morning. I am excited to try the Lemon Oatmeal. I used alot of shea and oatmeal because I am a gardener and wanted this bar to be a "Gardeners Soap". I hope it doesn't disappoint me since it is the first time. I added lots of Shea( 10%) to the recipe and grated up lemon zest and infused lemons in my oils for 2 days prior to making.

Lavender Vanilla
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/9251/lavender001.jpg

Lemon Oatmeal
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/1286/l ... ifting.jpg

keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed! :shock:

Deb said:

I'm in for surgery end of the week and need to work ahead a bit. I know I can label and clean up tubes if i'm not totally 'there' so to speak, but I know i'll have my backside handed to me if I try and make soap or lippy!

Deb,

Good luck with your surgery. I hope everything goes well. Will be sending good thoughts your way. :)

Jude

Deb said:

I hope your surgery goes well and you have a quick , pain free recovery .

Kitn

ikindred said:
My shelves are getting full. I just unmolded my Lavender Vanilla with Lavender buds last night and managed to unmold my Lemon with Oatmeal this morning. I am excited to try the Lemon Oatmeal. I used alot of shea and oatmeal because I am a gardener and wanted this bar to be a "Gardeners Soap". I hope it doesn't disappoint me since it is the first time. I added lots of Shea( 10%) to the recipe and grated up lemon zest and infused lemons in my oils for 2 days prior to making.

Lavender Vanilla
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/9251/lavender001.jpg

Lemon Oatmeal
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/1286/l ... ifting.jpg

keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed! :shock:

Absolutely beautiful soaps! I love them both!

Milla said:
no soap for me. I was going to make a jojoba and almond oil conditioner, but DH and I worked on the yard instead. I also had to work on my wine. I've got 6 gallons of Amarone style wine fermenting away. Yummy. MIL came over to drop off apple turnovers from the orchard and smelled all of my soaps. She's a good person to use as lots of scents give her headaches. Almost all passed the test!

What is amarone style wine? I make wine with windfall apples a lot, but mine are based on Peggy Hutchinsons' books.

Deb said:
What is amarone style wine? I make wine with windfall apples a lot, but mine are based on Peggy Hutchinsons' books.

It's actually wine from a kit from Cellar Craft. It takes about 5 weeks to 2 months to make and then I try to age it for at least 6 months. I also make wine from fruits and all that, but the kits wines are comparable to the store bought wines.

Back