What FO's to start with...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nurse_75

Reaction score
I have been given a gift certificate by my lovely sister to use at Escentials of Australia.

www.escentialsofaustralia.com.au

I was just wondering what you all recommend for FO's to start with. I am sticking with ordering from their specialty fragrances for now. I know for most of you they will not be a brand you have used before and scents morph etc but what can you recommend as a good starting range to have. I personally like citrus/earthy/oriental scents. I will add some florals to try for gifts for friends.

I am so excited that I have ordered almost double what the gift amount is!! I am getting a few butters and oils that i cant get locally as well as some colours. I have about 15 FO's in my cart at the moment but just want to hear what are peoples fave's.

Thanks for any advice or recommendations.

Sharna

Order what sounds good to you! You will be using them. :) That said, a basic vanilla is good because you can mix it with a lot of things. I like EOs, so I am not the best person to ask. But getting some one scent fragrances leave a lot of possibilities. Orange, vanilla orange, chocolate orange, etc.

Thanks Traceyann.. i have White musk on my list already. I will go look at the EO's.

SG - I think I have a fairly broad range in my cart so far. They all sound good! Can you blend FO's? I have a few EO's that I have bought but havent been game to soap them yet as they were quite expensive. Downside is i have a huge stash of pretty coloured unscented soap to work through. I like the idea of one scent and blending if that is possible.

Sharna, just be aware that some of their FO's accelerate trace and will rice, so dont discount any water until you have tried them. The white Musk is very nice to work with though.

Yes you can blend FOs, besides just using them together, think layers, embeds, frostings......fun! Thoughtful gift!

Latest posts

Back