what are people making?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
I made pach/sandelwood tonight, have orders for strawberry/lemon, lovespell, wild mt honey, so i shall be busy!
Just curious what others are making.

mmm whats satsuma smell like? Do you like violet? i dont usually like florals, but flower bomb is nice.

oriental musk/ cherry blossom soap, bubble bombs and bath bombs

The beginnings of a gift basket for my mother.

Last batch I made was Apple and it turned purple instead of green.... now it's Bad Apple....

Euphoric said:
Last batch I made was Apple and it turned purple instead of green.... now it's Bad Apple....
Poison apple...

I do not like florals but I do like vilet. It's light and sweet.

Satsuma is a top 3 seller for me. It is sweet orange, grapefruit, tangerine, lime and pineapple. It's very energizing.

My two faves are:
  • Red Egyptian Musk - an exotic and sensual fragrance that has great intensity. Powdery soft woody notes dance on top of warm, tender musk that envelopes a beautiful floral accord and finally brightened with citrus.
  • Egyptian Dragon - an aromatic melange of warm amber, sweet frankincense and myrrh complimented with a light touch of patchouli. A vanilla note harmonizes this fragrant accord with a long lasting drydown of a dark animalistic musk. Egyptian Dragon is exotic, intriguing, and very strong. One can actually create two separate scents with this fragrance oil just by adjusting level of usage. Usage levels of .2 - .3 oz per lb of base oils will allow this fragrance to reveal the fragile floral notes hiding deep within the resinous aromatic notes. Delicate notes of jasmine, rose, and violet come to life when Egyptian Dragon is used with a very light hand. Usage levels of .4 - .7 oz per lb of base oils accentuate the sensuous and exotic nature of this fragrance oil. Which ever usage level you opt to use Egyptian Dragon at, keep in mind that this is one of those fragrance oils that increases in intensity as your soap ages and cures, continuing to get stronger.

hmmmmmm ... Those are the fragrances that I love in my CP stuff, but I just realized that in my MP stuff, my fav is Egyptian Sandalwood. I guess if you put the word "egyptian" in the name, I'm gonna fall in love with it.

My next batches are going to be Violet, Blue Sugar and I'm working on a vanilla/hawaiian blend. :) I have a few other FOs I want to try out, but these are next, LOL!

I have FOs coming today as well but they aren't coming to my house so I have to wait until my roommate's Mom comes up to Canada with them.

Fingers crossed she'll come up Sunday.

A week of firsts for me...Broke a 6 week soap drought with my 1st HP,then did 1st salt bar,& last nite a very ambitious 1st attempt at 3 layer soap scented with mint eo's-uncoloured then green diagonal stripe,then the 2 swirled for top.Not quite as planned but lookin good.I happily accept what the soap fairies bring :wink:
Today Im doing unscented goats oats n honey & a choc scented emulsified scrub. And maybe some LS in my new $10 garage sale crockpot. Garage sales & soaping--lifes good eh? 8)

Latest posts

Back