Well I've done it. Probably won't do it again.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbuska

Reaction score
I buy my beeswax for my lip balm locally. This time my supplier didn't have any bricks of beeswax available but offered to give me some for free if I wanted to render it down myself. So I spent a couple hours on that tonight and will spend another half to an hour cleaning pots tomorrow for 5 bucks worth of beeswax. I can say I've done it but I think I will go back to buying it from him already rendered. Lol

Yeah I need more lard and tallow...but since I source them locally (hello label appeal) and my two sources only have un-rendered right now I think I may just have to lose my label appeal LOL. I REALLY don't want to render it myself!

I wish I could get my bee guy to render the wax into little pellets....the bricks are killing my garage floor LOL.

Yup. Looking at the pans in the sink and thinking hmm, maybe later.

Why is the wax ruining your floor. How much wax do you melt at once? I make lip balm with it and melt a few oz at a time.

I know what you mean on label appeal. I use local milk, wax

LOL Not from melting...from throwing the wrapped frozen bricks at the concrete floor as hard as I can to break them up. They come in three pound bricks....gotta smash em up into manageable pieces somehow! It's not really damaging the floor...it was just kinda a funny hehe.

Latest posts

Back