Welcome to the SMF Family!! Please read this first :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, just saw this thread.

I've been making soap, lotions, balms, salves as well as other items for the past 8 years. Started out with Nigerian dwarf dairy goats and after making cheese was looking for something else to use the milk for which led me to soap, and the rest of the products....LOL

So here I am still loving coming up with new items and soap.

Glad to be here.

Hello

Hello! New to the forum. What I'm really looking for is a type of soap for men. Can someone steer me in the correct direction or explain what questions/answers are needed?
Does sound like a great hobby!

Hello everyone! I've been making soap for about 3 years now and I still love it...
I started in M&P then progressed to CP. I've also had to rebatch quite a few times, especially when I started. I've begun making whipped soap as of late and I'm itchin to find a good deal on potassium hydroxide to make liquid soap.
I found the forum on the web by typing in keywords while googling (when I had my first failed batch)
Blah, blah, blah..I llove to talk, I love socializing, I love my family and last but not least I love making soap.

I was joking with my hubby the other day that I should make a bumper sticker that reads, "I'd rather be soaping!" :D

Re: New Member

babydawnsmom said:
Hello everyone! I've been making soap for about 3 years now and I still love it...
I started in M&P then progressed to CP. I've also had to rebatch quite a few times, especially when I started. I've begun making whipped soap as of late and I'm itchin to find a good deal on potassium hydroxide to make liquid soap.
I found the forum on the web by typing in keywords while googling (when I had my first failed batch)
Blah, blah, blah..I llove to talk, I love socializing, I love my family and last but not least I love making soap.

I was joking with my hubby the other day that I should make a bumper sticker that reads, "I'd rather be soaping!" :D
Welcome!
That bumper sticker exists. I've seen it.

Hello, my name is Julie and i'm new to soapmaking too, it's addictive though. I sort of fell into it by accident, trying to find a way to use up almost ten pounds of tallow....now i have a lot of stinky soap and I think i need some expert help :oops:

I think hubby might need to make some organic garden pesticides with it so it doesn't get wasted :wink:

Hello

Hi everyone! I have been thinking about making soap for about 2 years now!! I even had all the supplies. The lye process scared me to death!!! But I took the plunge and made my first batch 2 days ago and I am addicted.
Now I have to wait 6 weeks for my batch to cure. I can't wait to try it out.
I have ordered some supplies to make shampoo bars.
:D

Started making soap almost a year ago, recently started 'sharing' it with others. I have gotten a lot of positive feedback. Hoping to stock my artfire shop soon and do a local farmer's market this summer.

Joanne

fairly new to soap making:)

A year or so ago, my daughter started soapmaking, and I would help her with stirring, and ect..along the way..she cooled down a bit on it, and I decided to use up a few of her products that were left, and have really started to enjoy it..and a bonus, she is excited about it again too!
Need to sell some in a bit, and want to get new ideas as we go along..
But am psyched and thrilled to find a forum of fellow soap makers to chit chat with.
I am from Michigan..anyone out there close to Lansing? Looking for a place in town to take the product into their store and sell with a commission for them and me too;)
Nancy

Re: fairly new to soap making:)

NancyAnn said:
A year or so ago, my daughter started soapmaking, and I would help her with stirring, and ect..along the way..she cooled down a bit on it, and I decided to use up a few of her products that were left, and have really started to enjoy it..and a bonus, she is excited about it again too!
Need to sell some in a bit, and want to get new ideas as we go along..
But am psyched and thrilled to find a forum of fellow soap makers to chit chat with.
I am from Michigan..anyone out there close to Lansing? Looking for a place in town to take the product into their store and sell with a commission for them and me too;)
Nancy
Welcome!
Just curious; how long have you been making soap by yourself?

:p Hello My name is marianne1,how totally unimaginative,I know. I had been a soap maker for years but quit about 8 years ago because I had to downsize my family and we live in a cabin with limited room. Now don't laugh on Christmas eve we had a drain clog, the worst ever in the history of mankind I'm sure. I have tried everything to clear it after weeks of that I finally started looking for lye to do the job.I just couldn't find anything smaller than 50 pound bag,finally I found a 10 pound container,yippee. That is still way too much to clear a drain,so I'm purchasing scales , safety goggles gallons of oils and pounds of fats and will be starting back up in a few weeks when everything has finally arrived,lol. My daughter says we will have to sell soap somehow for the last time I quit making soap it took 4 years to run out. I can't wait to learn all the new tricks and am looking forward to learning from everyone.

Hello! I am a very new newbie haha!

I am a stay at home wife/mother. I have never made lye soap, and am really just getting started going 'green' around my home. I made a batch of homemade laundry soap for the first time a few weeks ago and this really intrigued me to go a little farther so I started researching other 'green' ideas for around the house and have slowly started to implement them :) One thing led to another and here I am! On the verge of making my first batch of lye soap!

I think I have everything I need to do a basic batch except an extra steel pot! (don't want to use my kitchen stock pot right? LOL) But I stumbled upon this great looking forum and figured I'd come here and snoop around a bit before actually taking the plunge!

Hi Everyone, I made my first melt and pour soap the other day but have had an interest in EOs and have attended 3 workshops. I am totally hooked! Really good to see this forum! VikkiC :D

Hey there!

Hi everyone!

I'm Elise, and I have been making bath and body products for several years. I just launched my product line to the public in January, and I'm really excited!

I have been reading these forums on and off for years, and I am looking forward to participating. Happy Saturday!

Hi my name is Debbie iam a new to soapmaking and prob beeing asking for :D loads of advise

Rookie CPSM!

Hi, Chychy here. I am new to CP soap making and was happy to have found this forum. Happy soaping to all! :D

Hi
I have been making soap for a number of years now and want to try new things. I live on a farm that is completely off grid in Ontario Canada. We have two very spoiled horses one of which is an Appaloosa hence the username althouh in French. We also have two wonderful dogs. I work in education and am getting close to retirement. I hope to find great ideas here in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back