Weekend soaping adventure!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyslippers

Reaction score
Here are pics of my weekend soaping adventure! These are my first salt bars which I cut 1 hour after pouring. Waaaaay to soon, but I was so afraid they would set up and I wouldn't be able to cut them - that was my 1st mistake. 2nd mistake - should not have used the crinkle cutter! The picture doesn't really show this but the crinkle cuts look kind of fuzzy - not a nice clean cut. Scented with Madagascar EO blend from WSP. They smell wonderful!
saltbar1.jpg

First funnel attempt - this was really fun! Will do it again. These are scented with lemon/lime:

funnel1.jpg

Just starting to do some swirls with acceptable results. Used some fun molds for the leftover that wouldn't fit in my mold. These were scented with lime, spearmint and eucalyptus:

fistg.jpg

And finally, these are Lemon, Sage and Lavender:
lavender1.jpg

Was a great learning weekend. Had another batch that seized from the FO but got it in a mold - it's just not very pretty so I didn't take pics :roll: Thanks for looking!

I love them all! The fish soap is so cute and my kids would love soap like that!

You Rock! that is some gorgeous looking soap , your funnel swirl is so pretty , well all the swirls are TDF . Way to go !

Kitn

they're all great, but second one is just a-m-a-z-i-n-g!! such great colors!

btw, how much salt was in your salt bar? i plan to give salt bars a try, so kinda collecting all the info around :D

Manchy said:
they're all great, but second one is just a-m-a-z-i-n-g!! such great colors!

btw, how much salt was in your salt bar? i plan to give salt bars a try, so kinda collecting all the info around :D
Mancy - here's the recipe I used:
16.35 oz coconut oil
2 oz avocado oil
2 oz castor oil
16.5 oz salt
1 Tbl sugar

Edited to add: I forgot to say, I SF at 20%

Wow...those are all beautiful. I love the funnel soap!

Wow! I love them all! The funnel swirl is so cute and it goes perfectly with your FO. I wish my soaps would turn out like yours (too many flops lately!!).

Latest posts

Back