Watermelon sugar scrub cubes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ael

Reaction score
I'm starting into this bath/body hobby veeeery slowly, and want to tackle some of the easier things before I jump into CP, especially since the closest place I can get lye is a 5.5 hour drive!

Anywho, here is a batch of watermelon-scented sugar scrub cubes, with some poppy seed for a little extra exfoliation. They smell ridiculously tasty! I made some Cherry Blossom ones yesterday that are equally as wonderful. I want to do some watermelon ones again (another time) and layer them to look like watermelon pieces. I made some big ones (hubby likes the larger pieces) and some smaller ones, what I actually prefer.

Our phones camera wasn't working properly so we had to put these in the window to get a good picture. The white "slime" you can sort of see on a couple of the larger pieces are reflections from the sun across the top of the cube.

sugar.jpg

Cute! How well do yours hold up while using them?

Cute! How well do yours hold up while using them?

Thanks! They hold up extremely well. I made two batches, both using slightly different recipes. The first ones seemed to get a little mushy and discoloured after only a day, but this batch here has, so far, held up wonderfully. I can't use one all at one, though, it's too much to use. Even the little ones I can get 2 - 3 uses out of it looks like. They stay very firm and don't crumble at all; the lather is nice and leaves my skin feeling soft and the scent lingers for a while after. My husband has noticed the same thing.

Latest posts

Back