Very very first swirl attempts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anich

Reaction score
Gosh, this is far more difficult than I could even imagine! However, I think these turned out pretty nice given that they're my very first swirls. The recipe was 20g castor, 120g coconut, 80g olive and 40g shea butter. I used Gracefruit Violet color. I think it might have been better with titanium dioxide for the "white" sections, but I'll have plenty of time to correct that in later batches. So here they are:

swirls.jpg

The surface looks quite horrid because I haven't smoothed them yet, sorry for that :oops:

You are being too critical. I think your swirls are gorgeous and I'm green with envy. I can't believe this was your first attempt. Very well done. :D

The soaps look just fine - and very nice swirling!! Congratulations!!

Where did you get the violet color? I like it!!
Is that an ITPS?? (in the pot swirl)

They look really lovely. The purple is such a gorgeous colour. I havent attempted swirls yet. I wouldnt have guessed it was your first time.

Thank you SO much everyone, it's so good to hear you like my experiments :D It's always exciting to show something you've done for the first time.

Soaplady22 said:
Where did you get the violet color? I like it!!
Is that an ITPS?? (in the pot swirl)

I got it from a local distributor here in Finland. Gracefruit is a British company and I'm not sure if they ship worldwide. They have very nice colors and scents and I'm glad we have this distributor here :)

And yes, it is an ITPS (if I've understood the term correctly) and I'm actually not sure what are the other ways to make swirls... :mrgreen: :oops: I guess I'll have to find out, this was the first one that came to my mind.

Love the color and the swirl, your soaps look beautiful :wink:

Latest posts

Back