Using Beer and Milk in Soap...wowsers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinak

Reaction score
I used these two ingredients for the first time the other day. Holy crap. The milk was great but the beer...my oh my does that move fast!

I could barely get it in the mold and I move pretty quick!

When I made my beer soap, it was flat and frozen yet still traced up fast.

I made beer soap for the first time today. For the love of all that is holy, please tell me that the stench will fade quickly.

Should dissipate soon, I make a shampoo bar with beer, milk, honey and egg and it smells great, like a malthouse. Fun isn't it? :p

I used these two ingredients for the first time the other day. Holy crap. The milk was great but the beer...my oh my does that move fast!

I could barely get it in the mold and I move pretty quick!

I made my beer soap with a recipe that traces slower.....almost 50% olive oil. It worked great, even had time to swirl. The recipe also had cream and honey. The slower tracing recipe helps to offset any potential acceleration..........at least that was my experience.

Nope, not frozen. I boiled it to get rid of the carbonation and alcohol. Then I cooled to room temperature. I wanted it to caramelize just a little bit to get a richer brown color.

I made a soap with Beer in it. Boiled it then put in fridge to chill to 36degrees before adding Lye. The recipe also had Stearic Acid and the combination of Beer & Stearic Acid will cause a very quick trace. No smells from the beer when adding lye.

Latest posts

Back