Trimming and beveling your soaps - poll

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you trim and/or bevel your soaps?

• I don't trim or bevel my soap.

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • I trim and bevel my soaps.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • I only trim my soaps.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I only bevel my soaps.

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

robertw98144

Reaction score
Do you trim and/or bevel your soaps? As follow-up, post when you trim and/or bevel.

If its CP, I simply rub my gloved thumb along the edges when I cut them. If its HP, I just wait until its done curing and I bevel them. Not sure why, really LOL Other than my fingers appreciate the beveler more than me wielding a veggie peeler. Yep, I am a huge klutz.

I started out being interested in how they looked but then I realized, my niche is a natural looking soap and the more attention I give it the more I stray from the look I am aiming for. So now I just trim anything that makes wrapping them difficult and let the soap's freak flag fly!

I personally like the the more natural look and so I do not bevel, but do sometimes trim the top if I don't like the way it looks.

I don't want to waste the ingredients I have spent money on by trimming or beveling. It reduces the weight of the soap- I know just a tiny bit but still!! I want my customers to get every teensy bit of soap they pay for! I agree with serfmunke too much handling takes away for the all natural thinking.

Back