Traveling with cp soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have a creative solution when they travel with a bar of their homemade CP soap? I don’t like taking a sliver as I noticed some mention in my inquiries into this question, I usually end up wrapping it up in a plastic bag, but that’s not ideal.
I’ve become so attached to my own soap I just don’t like hotel soaps anymore.

I travel with the slivers that I cut off the ends of soap loaves. I got some plastic travel soap holders at Target. I also keep a couple of those soap lift things in my suitcase, one for the sink and one for the shower. I’m with you, though….i never use hotel soap. (Although I do often take it with me, to donate to a homeless shelter along with my excess soaps).

I travel with the slivers that I cut off the ends of soap loaves. I got some plastic travel soap holders at Target. I also keep a couple of those soap lift things in my suitcase, one for the sink and one for the shower. I’m with you, though….i never use hotel soap. (Although I do often take it with me, to donate to a homeless shelter along with my excess soaps).
This is a brilliant idea, and I love the idea of taking hotel soaps to donate, thank you!

I don't like hotel basin/wash cloths either, so I wrap a bar of my soap in one of my own washcloths and pack it just like that. It breathes, but doesn't touch my clothes. I can use the washcloth to pick up the wet bar the day I leave the hotel, and there is the nice bonus that my rucksack and clothes smell like my soap.

I flat out refuse to use hotel soap. :p

I also use a plastic soap holder. If I'm staying at the same place for several nights, I let the holder sit open during the day to keep the bar from suffocating :)

I haven't tried this yet, but @Blufuz explains a brilliant single-use soap idea here.
I have different solutions depending on how long I’m staying in any one place. If it’s only a night or two, I use the single-use soaps in the post above. Otherwise, I have soaps of different sizes, that I know from experience last me a certain number of days or weeks.

Latest posts

Back