This week's soapy creation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaMarie

Reaction score
My soap creation as of this morning: a tiger stripe swirl using pink Brazilian clay and sea clay and fragranced with a pink grapefruit/tea tree eo blend.

image.jpg

Those are beautiful! The entire package sounds like the perfect soap for the upcoming summer months. I'm curious... how well does the grapefruit hold up with the tea tree? Did you superfat?

omygoshsopretty!! I LOVE the dreamy muted clay colors. Was the tiger stripe hard? Its on my list of "learning experiences".
All my clay soaps have a fun little "bounce" to them, kind of rubbery. Do yours have that?

i love it AnnaMarie! the colors are so soft and calming. now i must ask, how did you make this? hand stirred? and how much SF? :p

Those are beautiful! The entire package sounds like the perfect soap for the upcoming summer months. I'm curious... how well does the grapefruit hold up with the tea tree? Did you superfat?

Thank you! Nothing like warmer weather to inspire the soft colors! My experience with using grapefruit solo in cp soap is that it fades, however, that doesn't stop me:). The grapefruit came through with the tea tree very nicely, and I will look forward to monitoring it as it cures.
Cheers!
Anna Marie

omygoshsopretty!! I LOVE the dreamy muted clay colors. Was the tiger stripe hard? Its on my list of "learning experiences".
All my clay soaps have a fun little "bounce" to them, kind of rubbery. Do yours have that?

Seawolfe, I do think we share a love of all things shabby chic,Tiger stripe is not "hard", but I would still call it an advanced technique because you need to know you soap batter and fragrances to ensure cooperation. On my clay soaps, I hadn't noticed a bounce, but it could be the amount I'm using??? I did make a heavier clay soap recently, and I will have to test that when it's ready and see.
Cheers!
Anna Marie

Beautiful! Such delicate work.

Thank you Judy for the lovely compliment! Delicate is such a nice adjective
Cheers!
Anna Marie

i love it AnnaMarie! the colors are so soft and calming. now i must ask, how did you make this? hand stirred? and how much SF? :p

LOL Seven! Thank you for the nice words! No, I did not hand stir :D, and I superfatted a whole (gasp!) 3%! No major scientific breakthroughs on this soap :D
Cheers!
Anna Marie

ya know what, this soap reminds me of a soap i did a long time ago. my first try with tiger stripes. of course, at that time i was clueless, and didn't know the technique. the soap came up similar like this (yours is so much better though, AnnaMarrie. mine was rather blurry lines and all that crap, haha). but now, i quite like this effect. in fact, i really like it!

and have no idea how to reproduce it, LOL!

Love the delicate swirls and colors! Bet the grapefruit and tea tree is a great combo . . . I wouldn't have thought to put those two together. Just ordered the purple Brazilian clay from Brambleberry and can't wait to try more swirls with it.

Love the delicate swirls and colors! Bet the grapefruit and tea tree is a great combo . . . I wouldn't have thought to put those two together. Just ordered the purple Brazilian clay from Brambleberry and can't wait to try more swirls with it.

The tea tree and grapefruit do smell good together. I add a little more grapefruit then tea tree and it's perfect! I love BB Brazilian clays! I'm working on an order list now to get more...
Cheers!
Anna Marie

Latest posts

Back