Thanks to all and Happy New Year!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeepItSimpleSoap

Reaction score
I couldn't decide if I should create a new post to say this or add to my old new introduction thread or the Happy New Year thread that was created yesterday however I wanted to make sure that I personally thanked all of you and you would be aware of it.
I looked back and first I can't believe that it has been only since December 17th since I have joined. I have been reading stuff on this forum longer that.
May 27th 2019 early Memorial Day morning I had been up having a severe allergy attack. Simply put I am allergic to all grasses and most pollens. The sun wasn't up yet and as I was brushing my teeth I noticed that I couldn't feel 3 off my fingers on my right hand and the right side of my face felt funny including the right side of my tongue and teeth. I went to the Hospital and to make a long story short I had experienced a mild stroke. While I the Hospital I regained the feeling in my right hand and got to where I could talk some but not great though. My larynx is very affected by this. I'm just now getting to where I can hum on key some what. Also during this Hospital stay the Doctors did many test and discovered that my right side carotid is 65% blocked and my left side carotid 100%.
Oct 14th I was back to the Hospital, scheduled this time, For an arteriogram on Monday and Surgery Tuesday to unblock the better side. During the Arteriogram on Monday the test results showed that I was not entirely blocked on the left side. 99% instead of 100%. It may be that the arteriogram was a better test or maybe it unblocked a bit after quitting smoking back in late May when all of this happened. The Doctor in charge decided to operate on the left side carotid and successfully put a stint in restoring all blood flow.
Well I was not working again, not for several weeks again. What I do for a living is very physical demanding at times and anyone who has done Auto Restoration for a living knows this.
I was getting tired of just sitting at home watching Satellite TV so I started digging into some of my old hobbies and then I spotted my collection of grease from 3 or so years and that's when I realized that I finally had a little time that I could put in to it. Even though it is not easy to do this it is a lot easier to do than my pay job. I started exploring this topic on the internet and eventually came across SMF.
Now I look back and it seems like months and I couldn't tell you how many old threads that I have read and I don't know how many people that I have interacted with but you have all been very kind.
Forgive me for having such a wordy post, I just didn't know how to say where I came from and why I'm here where I'm at now. I just made my 5th batch and I experimented with some cocoa powder and a milk carton mold instead of my plain white bars that I'v been making.
If you took the time to read all of this Thanks again! and thanks for your time and patience. And by the way I am better.
Have a good year everyone!

Latest posts

Back