Thank you, Toxicon!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A little over a month ago you posted a favorite recipe:

Lard - 50%
Olive Oil - 25%
Coconut Oil - 20%
Castor Oil - 5%

Lye Concentration - 33%
SF - 4% (not sure if this was you or me as I can't remember the thread I got your recipe from)

I finally got to use a 5 week cured bar last night in the tub, and Holy Cow!, it was amazing! So simple.....no secret "luxury" ingredients....and it was the best ever bar of soap (by far) ever produced it my kitchen!

Thank you for sharing this recipe! It is my "Holy Grail" of soap.

On the huge plus side, I had plenty of time for a beautiful circling Taiwan Swirl in this batch, so I'll also be using this recipe for the June challenge.

I'm forever grateful!

ETA: sorry, all about the upside down pic!

image.jpg

Haha, thank you so very much! I was very surprised to see my username sitting there in your title, what an honour.

While definitely not an original recipe (I forget where I first heard it, but I'm sure it was from one of the many knowledgeable souls here!), I am so happy to hear it has served you well. I love it too!

I am beginning to really like lard soap. Am definitely going to try this. I have been wondering if all the expensive add in that I sometimes use are really making my soap all that much better. This recipe is not fancy and the simple ingredients are easily available. Thanks for posting.

I am beginning to really like lard soap. Am definitely going to try this. I have been wondering if all the expensive add in that I sometimes use are really making my soap all that much better. This recipe is not fancy and the simple ingredients are easily available. Thanks for posting.

I only started soaping about a year ago, but I'll tell you that I used more expensive "luxury" butters and oils at first, and those bars were nice. Then, a few months back, I started using just lard, olive oil, coconut oil and castor oil, and those bars are just as nice. :)

Latest posts

Back