Testing an idea...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beckis19

Reaction score
soap1.jpg

This is a one-of-a-kind bar I tinkered around with last week -the colored bits are a chopped-up bar from a marbled batch I made a couple days earlier. This is pretty much a "proof of concept" experiment to see if it would be worth trying to make something to this effect. So far, points learned are: Give it more new soap around the edge (right now, mainly a visual thing), and don't use a recipe with Castor Oil for the "filling" - :? it set up almost too fast to get all the in-between spaces properly filled!

I don't know how well it will hold together (to quote Han Solo, "Hear me baby, hold together!) but I just couldn't resist trying out an idea I had recently. T-minus 4 weeks until I know for sure! The soap ball was made with the trimmings from the edges and some other scraps, covered with a slice I took off the bar with my soap planer. I didn't think of THAT until I saw the near-perfect slice hanging from the bottom of the planer!

I figure, worst case if it doesn't hold together in bar form, using this procedure should make for some interesting soap balls!

Very cool, I like it :D

After you perfect the technique you could use different colors to make a design. (Not that the one color isn't great looking, I'm always looking for a way to make something more difficult.)

Hey they're really good and they do look like animal skins.

I love that! I like to try different things like that too. Those are amazing!

Thanks, all!

I didn't think about it before, but it DOES sort of look like a giraffe! Just what I need, yet ANOTHER idea for a line of products when I finally start my business!! :shock:

It's a mix of Muscadine and Raspberry from Celestial Colors. It held up fairly true, I'm pretty inpressed. I used those colors in another batch and it worked well also, though I was a bit worried since it lightened up QUITE a bit during the Gel phase before getting darker again. It's actually a little more into the plumb color than the photo shows.

Below is the batch it came from, the color shows up a little better there.
62733227.jpg

Latest posts

Back