Tea Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roguehippo

Reaction score
I am wanting to make some tea soap today. I have brewed some Lemon Ginger tea and it's cooling in the fridge to be added as my liquid with the lye. I haven't ever used tea before. I'm also using lemon and ginger EO as my scent. Also I am going to use dried tea in it as an additive. Is there anything special I should know before I begin my adventure?

It sounds like you're set, use the cooled tea as your liquid, add your dried tea and e.o.s at trace and you'll be fine. It sounds like a really nice combination! I like to use my tea leaves as a pencil line. :)

I almost always do a swirled soap but a pencil line sounds fun. Do I let the soap on the bottom layer set up a bit before I add the herbs then the second layer. I'm kinda of new to layering soaps. Tried it twice and my layers mixed both times.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

When I tried brewed tea soap it smelled horrible as soon as I added the lye. And the color changed to a dark brown/yellow. I couldn't get past the smell and color so I threw it away.. But after reading more in this forum everyone says the smell goes away. So don't be alarmed if that happens. I'm going to try it again one day..

When I tried brewed tea soap it smelled horrible as soon as I added the lye. And the color changed to a dark brown/yellow. I couldn't get past the smell and color so I threw it away.. But after reading more in this forum everyone says the smell goes away. So don't be alarmed if that happens. I'm going to try it again one day..

Thanks for the heads up. That's what I've read everywhere so I'm going to make a small batch just in case it doesn't turn out.

For the layers, yes it's good to let it set up a little before pouring - or even better spooning on - your second layer. Usually a short wait of a few minutes is plenty, though that depends on where you are with your trace ;) Late response, I hope it went well!

Latest posts

Back