swap soap pictures, mardi gras

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have determined my soaps, side by side, resembled mardi gras masks with feathers more so than the butterfly swirl. I was pleased with swapping them, but wound up making another butterfly swirl to submit for the great cakes challenge. I wanted to share the side by sides with you all.

I called it citrus blast. It was scented with a combo of juicy lemon, agave lime, and yuzu. Unfortunately the overpowering juicy scent that permeated my bathroom the first couple days faded drastically in spite of an attempted anchor in bentonite clay. I need to figure anchoring out better. When I swapped it was so subtle, I fear it will fade completely in another month (sorry guys!).

* I will say I regret not taking pics of more combinations. I was in such a hurry for the soap challenge I rushed taking these pictures in the setting sunlight.

IMAG3234.jpg

IMAG3290.jpg

IMAG3235.jpg

IMAG3292.jpg

I love the colors in your soap! The black with the pastels is so pretty! I especially love that minty green. The scent of the citrus is light but definitely still there in my bar... What I like is that it's a very natural citrus and doesn't smell at all artificial. It's quite nice! Not every bar has to have a thick scent to be good. :)

That's you all! I suppose subtle is as nice as bold tvivian :) I was happy enough with it. A planer would've helped the sides, but I said meh, oh well. There were a few cracks near the tops that I assume was from the salt I put in it to help harden in time. Other than that, being a newer soaper, I was good with them. Thanks everyone for the compliments!!

Wow, those soaps are just gorgeous. Love the colours and the feather effect.

Back