Sunflower & Calendula

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevada

Reaction score
Infused Calendula Petals in Sunflower oil (Hi-Ole)
Plain bars sorry no fancy swirls from this guy :)
Two sizes of hearts, poured the batter over the Cal. petals.
Very quick to trace 20 min, about 80F, barely had time to add 3% Shea B, and 2% Castor. I put my cheek over the soap and could tell it was getting warm, but never gelled.
Cut 8 hours after pouring, could have cut sooner!
2:1 water:lye

This should turn out well, thanks for looking!
Roy

Sunflower & Calendula.jpg

Very nice! I've been thinking about infusing my oils with botanicals as well. Yours turned out great! I bet they will feel nice :)

Beautiful soap, I love the plain bars, very soft and creamy looking!

pretty! Any calendula in the bars or sprinkled and pressed in on top?

Not the loaf, the batter was getting kind of thick. I didn't think of pressing the petals into the loaf, next time. I am not sure it's me....
Thinking the quick trace was because of the Calendula. I infused 2 oz of petals in 40 oz of sunflower. Crock pot for about 2 hours at 120F. Makes for more work, but it's fun. Or maybe the 20 min kettle time was my new found skill - room temp soaping.

pretty! Any calendula in the bars or sprinkled and pressed in on top?

Love the look of this! It reminds me I have some calendula infused olive oil I need to use! (Gee, I guess I need to make more soap!!)

Love the look of these soaps, very creamy looking, will try this next time. Thank you for sharing.

Latest posts

Back