Substitute GM in Liquid Soap Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melonie

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've found a very simple recipe for Liquid Soap that doesn't require any cooking at all. I have to say that it was a tough task to search for a simple recipe because most of the recipes I found called for a few hours of cooking. That's too complicated for me.

Anyway, this simple recipe for liquid soap calls for liquid only, and I'm wondering if I could substitute some GM for some of the water. Please let me know if this is possible. I would appreciate all your help. Also, if anybody has a simple recipe for liquid soap, would you please post it. That would be great!

Thanks,

Melonie

Hi Dagmar,

Thanks for the link. I did come across it, but the recipe was a little complicated for me as it would require cooking the soap for 4 - 5 hours. I'm a newbie, so I'd like to start out with something easy. Thanks again for your help.

Have a great day,

Melonie

Well, making liquid soap or cream soap is fairly complicated
Maybe you could try regular bar soap (CP or HP) instead?

I have made M&P and Cold press soaps (for almost a year), but never liquid. I'd like to start making it with a simple recipe like the one I sent you. That seems fairly easy. I'm just curious if I could substitute GM for the water in the recipe. Should I try first with a small amount? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Melonie

You can add goatsmilk after the trace and before the cook.
I seriously doubt a couple of the recipes on the site you gave me...

Hi Dagmar,

I will try that. Should I do around 2 oz based on the recipe I gave you? Please keep in mind though that there's no cooking with this recipe. I wonder how that would turn out. I will try a small batch. This is going to be interesting. Thanks for all of your feedback.

Melonie

I doubt the person who posted the recipe ever actually made liquid soap. It takes 4 to 5 hours to cook the soap into the paste. Once you get that, you dilute and neutralize.

:D That's right Maria.
There are many bad recipes out there, but some people just want to find out for themself :p

Back