strange coconut oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manchy

Reaction score
..or not??
so, i bought this coconut oil from a new supplier, and the texture is quite different from what i'm used to - it's very smooth, they're no little speckles or grains like i used seeing in coconut oil.. i'm worried, maybe it's not coconut oil?? how would i know? now i'm afraid using it.. and it tastes like butter!
ok, now i tried my old coconut butter, and it also tastes a bit like butter, but this one completely.

what's the texture of your coconut oil? is there a way to check before soaping with it??

oh, i feel so silly posting this :oops:

Mine is smooth and has no speckles. In Germany, where I het my coconut oil, it is advertised as 'vegetable butter'...

i use unrefined coconut oil in cooking and it does have a very buttery taste. i love it!

How does everyone chisel out their coconut oil?
I have a 50lb cube and I have to basically chip it out...

I have never bought such a large amount, but I remember from a different post that you can put it in the sink with some hot water, and it should get softrer and easier to get out that way:D

The best way to scoop out coconut oil is with an ice cream scooper. The old fashioned one with the "wiper blade" . I found this out after bending many a spoon and a cheap pastry blade. The ice cream scooper is now my favorite tool.

Latest posts

Back